Hello group, Asus A7V bios flash said 'successful'. Now it will not boot,
will not post.
Doorstop?
Also, what is the best/proper bios for this board including the Promise raid
controller?

Paul

Splendid

In article <mAB2e.12$tr1.333@news.uswest.net>, "DaveJr"
<davesbrain@qwest.net> wrote:

> Hello group, Asus A7V bios flash said 'successful'. Now it will
> not boot, will not post. Doorstop?
> Also, what is the best/proper bios for this board including the
> Promise raid controller?

The best forum, in terms of info, would be:

http://www.a7vtroubleshooring.com

You can get BIOS files from the Asus download page, from
A7Vtroubleshooting, and if you are into the "Lumberjacker" BIOS,
someone kindly posted a URL to an archive of those modified BIOS
files. If you go with a Lumberjacker BIOS, you have to know which
is the correct driver, to get the new functionality provided.

http://www.storage-raid-forum.de/download/?url=&cid=2

This page, for example, is a snapshot of Lumberjacker from 2003.
The pages kinda render, and with archive.org, sometimes you have
to hand craft URLs to get it to work. Now, I'd suggest getting
the files from here, but the archive doesn't capture stuff like
ZIP files. But if you combine the info on the two web pages,
you may be able to piece together the required info:

The driver section can be reached from here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030204224800/www.lumberjacker.de/Downloads/downloads.html

This is what Lumberjacker looked like, for the Asus page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030206084852/www.anycities.com/user/mainboards/asus/asus.html

And this is what an earlier version of the Lumberjacker site
looked like. This is a little easier to read, and you can
use babelfish.altavista.com to translate German to English.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020724132637/http://www.lumberjacker.de/Downloads/downloads.html

Now, back to your initial problem. The section "Bios flashing
went wrong. A7V doesn't boot. How can I recover ?" covers
the available solutions -

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/info/bios/index.htm#9

HTH,
Paul

DaveJr wrote:
> Hello group, Asus A7V bios flash said 'successful'. Now it will not boot,
> will not post.
> Doorstop?
> Also, what is the best/proper bios for this board including the Promise raid
> controller?

Start by clearing the bios after unplugging the PS and see what
happens. I can't remember if the A7V has one, but if it does- change the
JEN jumper from auto to manual, set the correct manual frequency jumper
setting . If it boots you can change back to auto after shutdown.