nec multisync lcd 1525m monitor and windows xp

Craig

i have a nec multisynch lcd 1525m monitor from my last
computer that was running 98 fine. when i got a dell with
xp the resolution is low and i can not move the
resolution bar higher. i do not have the driver disc that
came with the monitor (3 years ago).

http://www.necmitsubishi.com/support/main.cfm?thePage=http://www.necmitsubishi.com/support/css/signedinf/files2.htm&title=Display%20Device%20Drivers

(link may wrap)

Scroll to the bottom of the list of NEC monitors. At the bottom, there's a
list of monitors included in a catch-all installer "driver for other NEC
Models". The 1525m is on the list.

I assume that you know how to update the driver. If not, read through the
Video Troubleshooter section of XP help.

You may also need to update or reinstall the graphics drivers for the PC.
Get them at support.dell.com.

Good luck.

Bob Knowlden

Address may be altered. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

"craig" <cjskams@msn.com> wrote in message
>i have a nec multisynch lcd 1525m monitor from my last
> computer that was running 98 fine. when i got a dell with
> xp the resolution is low and i can not move the
> resolution bar higher. i do not have the driver disc that
> came with the monitor (3 years ago).

Just a note. It may not be the monitor that is causing your problem. I
would look at installing new video card drivers as that is generally
what prevents you from changing the resolution. Most drivers grab the
information from the monitor's EDID which contains all of the
information on supported resolutions and refresh rates. Windows usually
does not need drivers for the monitor and will work fine as a Generic
Monitor or Plug and Play Monitor.

----
Nathan McNulty