Serious problem with new pc-dl deluxe (red cpu led)

Hello there!
I just installed a brand new pc-dl deluxe and used an intel p4 xeon
3,0 ghz 1m mpga4 800 in it (i suppose it's 604)
When I turn it on a red led (after more or less 5 seconds) blinks and
the pc shuts down. I'm not able to see bios screen...
The led should be about differente cpus (but i have a single
processor) or wrong voltage...
What can I do?
I've been trying to get in touch with asus for ages, I'm quite
desperate :(

Paul

Splendid

In article <b5kn419d0in96u037jvkbkof87jbl9sjca@4ax.com>, Davide Nastri
<d.nastri@siline.it> wrote:

> Hello there!
> I just installed a brand new pc-dl deluxe and used an intel p4 xeon
> 3,0 ghz 1m mpga4 800 in it (i suppose it's 604)
> When I turn it on a red led (after more or less 5 seconds) blinks and
> the pc shuts down. I'm not able to see bios screen...
> The led should be about differente cpus (but i have a single
> processor) or wrong voltage...
> What can I do?
> I've been trying to get in touch with asus for ages, I'm quite
> desperate :(

If you are using one processor, did you put it in the correct
socket ? Although there are two identical sockets, some
motherboards prefer a single CPU to sit in the "primary"
socket. Try placing the processor in the other socket, and see
if LED1 stops lighting up.

This thread mentions "place one in the cpu0 socket":
http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?threadid=47694&highlight=pcdl+led1

The reason for this feature, is the motherboard appears to only
have one Vcore power circuit, which is shared by both processors.
There must be a logic comparison circuit of some type that is
monitoring the VID signals of both sockets. Since the picture
of the motherboard in the manual is poor, I cannot see what
mechanism is used for this logic.

Paul