graphics board compatibility

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,asus.support.english.multimedia (More info?)

HI:

I have an ASUS A7N8X deluxe mother board.

I would like to add a graphics board. I would like to know if the new ASUS
PCI-Express graphics boards are compatible.

Thanks,

FRED

jk

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,asus.support.english.multimedia (More info?)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:47:07 -0500, "CountFrederick"
<CountFrederick@Anonamous.Net> wrote:

>HI:
>
>I have an ASUS A7N8X deluxe mother board.
>
>I would like to add a graphics board. I would like to know if the new ASUS
>PCI-Express graphics boards are compatible.

Certainly not. You have an agp port.

Further very old agp 1x72x cannot be used either. It has to be a 4x/8x
agp card (requires 1.5 volt, not 3.3 as the older).

best regards

John

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,asus.support.english.multimedia (More info?)

No, they are INCOMPATIBLE with your older motherboard. Wrong socket and
circuitry.

--
DaveW

"CountFrederick" <CountFrederick@Anonamous.Net> wrote in message
> HI:
>
> I have an ASUS A7N8X deluxe mother board.
>
> I would like to add a graphics board. I would like to know if the new
> ASUS
> PCI-Express graphics boards are compatible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> FRED

TRENDING THREADS