P4P800-SE PCI Problems

Ive got a fantastic p4p800-se here and its working 100% fine for me as
it is.
But i want to setup 2 extra monitors. I could use my Sapphire Radeon
9250's in built dual monitor support to do a second one but since im
after 3 and already have PCI cards to spare, i decided to go with just
using 2 PCI cards.

Ive installed at least 3 different working PCI graphics cards.
S3 Trio 64V+
Cirrus Logic 54X6/3X (rev:b-2)
S3 Virge DX

All of these have been tested in other machines to POST fine on
motherboards without agp slots.

I have tried without any result to get windows XP (sp2) to recognise
any of these cards as a secondary display adapter. But all i get is a
vauge statement saying.

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

having checked that code at the microsoft website it apparently means
ive unpluged an external USB hub with out removing all other attached
devices first.

So im left totaly clueless as to how to fix my problem. I suspect IRQ
conflicts. Or bad MS drivers for these older cards. But i cant confirm
my suspicions.

Hopefuly i can get some help.

probably the cards are not pci 2.xx compliant or the drivers do not
support dual monitor, those cards are pretty old man...yuk!

On 31 Mar 2005 06:44:32 -0800, "Lucractius" <Lucractius@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Ive got a fantastic p4p800-se here and its working 100% fine for me as
>it is.
>But i want to setup 2 extra monitors. I could use my Sapphire Radeon
>9250's in built dual monitor support to do a second one but since im
>after 3 and already have PCI cards to spare, i decided to go with just
>using 2 PCI cards.
>
>Ive installed at least 3 different working PCI graphics cards.
>S3 Trio 64V+
>Cirrus Logic 54X6/3X (rev:b-2)
>S3 Virge DX
>
>All of these have been tested in other machines to POST fine on
>motherboards without agp slots.
>
>I have tried without any result to get windows XP (sp2) to recognise
>any of these cards as a secondary display adapter. But all i get is a
>vauge statement saying.
>
>"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
>
>having checked that code at the microsoft website it apparently means
>ive unpluged an external USB hub with out removing all other attached
>devices first.
>
>So im left totaly clueless as to how to fix my problem. I suspect IRQ
>conflicts. Or bad MS drivers for these older cards. But i cant confirm
>my suspicions.
>
>Hopefuly i can get some help.

TRENDING THREADS