Hi there, have a machine using Windows XP that for some
reason the usb ports work intermittently. If you unplug
the device and then replug it in it works ok ?? Unless
this is done the device stops functioning ? Any ideas

bar

Click > Start > Control Panel > System >
In System Properties Window, Click on Device Manager

Look towards the bottom of the list and find USB Root Hub
Right CLcik and choose Properties

In USB Root Hub Properties Window, click on Power Management Tab
Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power'

"durr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Hi there, have a machine using Windows XP that for some
> reason the usb ports work intermittently. If you unplug
> the device and then replug it in it works ok ?? Unless
> this is done the device stops functioning ? Any ideas

My Pockey USB drive used to do that until I put it on a port
(a hub actually) with its own power supply.

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse