On my motherboard and before I installed a new bios at start-up it says
I have a Asus A7N8X-VM but now in my bios and at start-up it says I
have an Asus A7N8X-VM/400 and I don't know which one I have and I want
to know so I know if I can get the DDR400 stick or get the Athlon XP
3200 and use it's full Bus speed.

http://www.asus.com.tw/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=13&l3=59&model=220&modelmenu=1
If you look at the description of the board it supports 400.
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X-VM&Type=BIOS
If you look at what version bios you upgraded to you will see whats new

If all else fails try reading the manual
peterk