A8N-SLi RAM SETTING IN BIOS - SUB MENU?

I seem to recall reading that there is a an extra hidden menu in the bIOS to
allow altering the settings for RAM,.

I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?

Jon
5 answers Last reply
More about setting bios menu

    In article <424c981b$0$291$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, "3200+"
    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    > I seem to recall reading that there is a an extra hidden menu in the bIOS to
    > allow altering the settings for RAM,.
    >
    > I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?
    >
    > Jon

    Section 4.4.4 in the manual. "Jumperfree config"

    Paul

    > In article <424c981b$0$291$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, "3200+"
    > <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I seem to recall reading that there is a an extra hidden menu in the
    bIOS to
    > > allow altering the settings for RAM,.
    > >
    > > I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?
    > >
    > > Jon
    >
    > Section 4.4.4 in the manual. "Jumperfree config"
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks Paul, but I recall it was a menu that could not be accessed until you
    hit a certain combination of keys, like CTRL-F1 for example.

    Maybe I dreamed it?

    Jon

    In article <424cf750$0$298$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, "3200+"
    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    > > In article <424c981b$0$291$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, "3200+"
    > > <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I seem to recall reading that there is a an extra hidden menu in the
    > bIOS to
    > > > allow altering the settings for RAM,.
    > > >
    > > > I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?
    > > >
    > > > Jon
    > >
    > > Section 4.4.4 in the manual. "Jumperfree config"
    > >
    > > Paul
    >
    > Thanks Paul, but I recall it was a menu that could not be accessed until you
    > hit a certain combination of keys, like CTRL-F1 for example.
    >
    > Maybe I dreamed it?
    >
    > Jon

    First of all, I don't own the board, so my comments are
    just general ones.

    You want to be in Advanced:Jumperfree_config

    Look first at the "Overclocking Profile". That setting or one
    with a similar name, if you set it to [Manual], will cause
    other settings to magically appear. Asus does that, so a
    noob will not get themselves into trouble. When everything
    is set at Auto, very few useful settings will be revealed.
    As you change the BIOS settings to [Manual], all sorts of
    cool stuff will be revealed. Go through the BIOS and
    try changing an Auto setting to Manual, and see what appears.

    For RAM settings, there is a tool called A64tweaker, that
    claims to be able to change RAM settings while in Windows.
    I don't know if it changes the voltage or not, but it
    should allow experimenting with CAS, Trp, etc. How that
    is possible is a mystery, as a DDR DRAM controller should
    lose all contents of memory, if the standardized JEDEC
    startup sequence for the RAM is respected.

    http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91076&highlight=a64tweaker

    Paul

    3200+ wrote:

    >>>I would like to up the voltage a little. Where is the setting please?
    >>
    >>Section 4.4.4 in the manual. "Jumperfree config"
    >>
    >> Paul

    > Thanks Paul, but I recall it was a menu that could not be accessed until you
    > hit a certain combination of keys, like CTRL-F1 for example.
    >
    > Maybe I dreamed it?

    How would Paul know... Was he in your dream too? ;)

    > First of all, I don't own the board, so my comments are
    > just general ones.
    >
    > You want to be in Advanced:Jumperfree_config
    >
    > Look first at the "Overclocking Profile". That setting or one
    > with a similar name, if you set it to [Manual], will cause
    > other settings to magically appear. Asus does that, so a
    > noob will not get themselves into trouble. When everything
    > is set at Auto, very few useful settings will be revealed.
    > As you change the BIOS settings to [Manual], all sorts of
    > cool stuff will be revealed. Go through the BIOS and
    > try changing an Auto setting to Manual, and see what appears.
    >
    > For RAM settings, there is a tool called A64tweaker, that
    > claims to be able to change RAM settings while in Windows.
    > I don't know if it changes the voltage or not, but it
    > should allow experimenting with CAS, Trp, etc. How that
    > is possible is a mystery, as a DDR DRAM controller should
    > lose all contents of memory, if the standardized JEDEC
    > startup sequence for the RAM is respected.
    >
    > http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91076&highlight=a64tweaker
    >
    > Paul

    Thank you Paul, that is exactly what I was looking for.

    Jon

Asus BIOS RAM SLI Motherboards