Playback on Plextor DVD burner

Hello,
I have a client with a Plextor PX-708A DVD burner. He
can record video/audio/data CDs and DVDs on it fine, but
when he tries to play back any DVD video it blue screens
with a STOP 0x7F error. He has another DVD-ROM drive in
the system, and it plays back fine. Its a Dell system,
so it is using the Sonic software, and it is an
aftermarket burner. Any ideas?

--Tommy Vielkanowitz
tvielkanowitz (at) shared-resources (dot) net

Just a thought, try uninstalling whatever software you are using for
viewing DVD's and install the latest version of it. Also, you can try
removing the drive from Device Manager and reboot and it will reinstall
it and possibly fix the problem ;)

----
Nathan McNulty