P4C800E-Deluxe and P4 3.2Ghz cpu upgrade

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

I just received my RMA'd CPU P4-3.20E GHz (800 FSB, L2 cache:1MB, HT,
90nm). Couldn't get any video output on bootup even with the bios version
1017 and 1019. I had to put in a Celeron 1.8 just to boot up and flash the
bios, now at version 1021.

I'm ready to install my second P4 3.2E GHZ and was wondering if it will work
with the new bios 1021? Asus website support page lists just bios version
1017.

Jimbo

Paul

Splendid

In article <vO6dnQ9-DOHgddHfRVn-pQ@comcast.com>, "jimbo"
<jimmy7forever@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just received my RMA'd CPU P4-3.20E GHz (800 FSB, L2 cache:1MB, HT,
> 90nm). Couldn't get any video output on bootup even with the bios version
> 1017 and 1019. I had to put in a Celeron 1.8 just to boot up and flash the
> bios, now at version 1021.
>
> I'm ready to install my second P4 3.2E GHZ and was wondering if it will work
> with the new bios 1021? Asus website support page lists just bios version
> 1017.
>
> Jimbo

The cpusupport web page lists the minimum BIOS version. Any
version greater than the one listed should work.

Paul