A8N-SLI Deluxe northbridge fan dying

From reading various forums I've come to the conclusion that the fan on the
northbridge chipset is defective. I don't want to wait a month or even two
to get a new fan from ASUS. I plan on getting the Zalman passive heatsink
that everyone is getting. Has anyone else experienced problems with their
chipset fan dying?

Nocturnal wrote:
> From reading various forums I've come to the conclusion that the fan on the
> northbridge chipset is defective. I don't want to wait a month or even two
> to get a new fan from ASUS. I plan on getting the Zalman passive heatsink
> that everyone is getting. Has anyone else experienced problems with their
> chipset fan dying?

Mine was DOA. I didn't bother with getting it fixed, I just replaced it
with a Zalman - had to remove a few pins to make it fit next to the
6800GT, and added a small silent fan to it. Works for me.

RJT

TRENDING THREADS