Now my modem Creatix V90 HAM of German Creatix Polymedia is connected to Com
4 port

I want to install a fresh Windows XP'-home, but when idid so I could not
find the port COM4 and the computer didn't find the modem

who can tell me how i make COM4 available

I have downloaded drivers for the modem from the Creatix site. When I trying
to install my modem point to that drivers, there is no modem found, but I
suppose this has to do with the COM4 which is not yet recognized.

may be some one has a clever idea to help me

Gert-B

bar

From what you've written, this is an internal modem.

Your PC will usually have 2 COM ports built in, additional COM ports are
generally provided with hardware, such as your modem. Port 4 will be the
on-booard or software setting created as the modem is installed.

You can try manually installing, connect the modem, in Control Panel, click
Add New Hardware, Click Next, the Wizard Will 'search for a few moments',
proceed until you get the option to maunally install the hardware and diret
the Wizrd to your CD for the installation files.

Hopefully this will solve your problem.