Enabling AdHoc laptop to route data out a desktops other N..

Here's my deal.. Since I visit many client locations that
don't have wireless, I'd like to take a USB wireless device,
plug it into a client's PC that has internet access via it's
Eth card, and then get my laptop to connect to the internet THROUGH
this
PC.. AdHoc style... using my laptops wireless... all for
convenience to allow me to be mobile when at non-wireless
firms.

This seems so simple that it may be complex, I'm just not sure?
I can build static routes all day, but last time I
knew in order to forward inbound data through another NIC on a
Windows workstation it required a Reg hack, reboot, etc etc.

Is there a command line or small shell script, such as using netsh etc
to enable forwarding traffic from my USB AdHoc card so I
can get internet access through a few fairly short simple steps
all without changing the workstation into "internet sharing" mode
and screwing up existing IP addresses?

I hope i'm clear.. basically looking for a script or a few
command lines to "enable forwarding", then "forward
data from wireless laptop through desktop PC to internet and back".
Thanks!
-B

It most definatly wont be that easy. You will have to configure the desktop
for wireless networking, internet sharing and file and priter sharing, if
wanted... As you can see by these forums, Wireless networking can be a pain
if you have not done it before......

"WildIrish" <wildirishtiming@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Here's my deal.. Since I visit many client locations that
> don't have wireless, I'd like to take a USB wireless device,
> plug it into a client's PC that has internet access via it's
> Eth card, and then get my laptop to connect to the internet THROUGH
> this
> PC.. AdHoc style... using my laptops wireless... all for
> convenience to allow me to be mobile when at non-wireless
> firms.
>
> This seems so simple that it may be complex, I'm just not sure?
> I can build static routes all day, but last time I
> knew in order to forward inbound data through another NIC on a
> Windows workstation it required a Reg hack, reboot, etc etc.
>
> Is there a command line or small shell script, such as using netsh etc
> to enable forwarding traffic from my USB AdHoc card so I
> can get internet access through a few fairly short simple steps
> all without changing the workstation into "internet sharing" mode
> and screwing up existing IP addresses?
>
> I hope i'm clear.. basically looking for a script or a few
> command lines to "enable forwarding", then "forward
> data from wireless laptop through desktop PC to internet and back".
> Thanks!
> -B

We do AP modes all the time, but the AdHoc mode i'm sure is simp in and
of itself, but enabling the forwarding through a command line or
semi-short process is my goal and my only awareness was of switching to
the internet sharing mode. Is there no other way anyone can think of
to add a forwarding on the fly without botching the registry and doing
"route add"'s?

-B