Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

System PIII - Ram 512 - WinXP Pro SP1
DVDRom Sony DDU-1621
DVDWriter Pioneer DVR-107D
1. Whenever I copy files from WinExplorer to the CDR
Folder, the system notifies that there are items to
be burnt to CD, but then warns there is no media in the
Drive. The only solution is to reboot and the files are
burnt with no hassle. (Same problem if I use Nero)

2. How do I prevent XP from ejecting CD after burning?
3. Is there a way to rename a CD after it has been burnt
(first session)?

Tks for any input

See inline comments.

----
Nathan McNulty

Tony wrote:
> System PIII - Ram 512 - WinXP Pro SP1
> DVDRom Sony DDU-1621
> DVDWriter Pioneer DVR-107D
> 1. Whenever I copy files from WinExplorer to the CDR
> Folder, the system notifies that there are items to
> be burnt to CD, but then warns there is no media in the
> Drive. The only solution is to reboot and the files are
> burnt with no hassle. (Same problem if I use Nero)
I am assuming this is happening when you already have a CDR in the
drive. Have you tried adding the files to the CD before inserting a CDR
and then go from there? Also, you said Nero does this to you too? It
sounds more like your drive is having a problem recognizing blank CDRs
than anything.

> 2. How do I prevent XP from ejecting CD after burning?
Yes in Nero, not sure in Windows. Open Nero, click File, Preferences,
Expert Features Tab, check "Do not eject the disc after the burn is
complete."
> 3. Is there a way to rename a CD after it has been burnt
> (first session)?
Once you have named the CD, it is impossible to change this information
unless you are using a rewritable disc. Even using a rewritable disc,
you may need to reformat/erase it in order to do this.