paper jam, glaze on roller?

jp

The rollers on my laser printer are starting to have difficulty picking up
the paper and I seem to remember hearing about products that can rejuvenate
them.
Is there something in a bottle or a special paper that anyone knows about
that could help.
I'm hoping to avoid a rebuild kit for a little while.

Thanks

You can use rubber rejuvenator for a "quick fix", but it may only last for a
couple 100 sheets if the roller is actually smooth..

If this is a HP LaserJet printer, we offer roller kits for many models..

Visit www.hp-depot.com for a complete list

Thank You!
Steve D..

"JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote in message

> The rollers on my laser printer are starting to have difficulty picking up
> the paper and I seem to remember hearing about products that can
rejuvenate
> them.
> Is there something in a bottle or a special paper that anyone knows about
> that could help.
> I'm hoping to avoid a rebuild kit for a little while.
>
> Thanks

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote in message

> The rollers on my laser printer are starting to have difficulty
picking up
> the paper and I seem to remember hearing about products that
can rejuvenate
> them.
> Is there something in a bottle or a special paper that anyone
knows about
> that could help.
> I'm hoping to avoid a rebuild kit for a little while.

Try abrading the surface of the rollers with a "diamond"
fingernail file. It's worked great for me. Just rub the file back
and forth across the roller while you turn it slowly.

Bob

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I have used a pencil eraser to remove the glaze on the rollers. Most erasers
have an abrasive quality. Also, on the cam shaped rollers (my HP) I have found
that you can easily rotate the rubber tire on the plastic roller so that cam
lobe (the glaze area) has a fresh surface to pick up the paper.

Best

"JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote:

>The rollers on my laser printer are starting to have difficulty picking up
>the paper and I seem to remember hearing about products that can rejuvenate
>them.
>Is there something in a bottle or a special paper that anyone knows about
>that could help.
>I'm hoping to avoid a rebuild kit for a little while.
>
>Thanks

jp

Great advice from all of you.
Thanks so much.

Wouldn't you know I got too busy to dig into it as soon as I posted that
message.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to play with it and I'll let you know
whether there was success and what seemed to work.
It's an Optra R and I've only had it for 4 or 5 months but I love it.
What a change from the succession of HP-IIs that I had before.
Not knocking them either, they were excellent printers but this one has an
extra 500 sheet drawer and most important to me, a network card.
All it needs now is a duplexer.
I can't recommend the older lasers enough.What a bargain they are and it's
incredible how much I save when printing in B & W. This one has 1200 dpi
when needed and does a beautiful job on graphics.

"JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote in message

> The rollers on my laser printer are starting to have difficulty picking up
> the paper and I seem to remember hearing about products that can
rejuvenate
> them.
> Is there something in a bottle or a special paper that anyone knows about
> that could help.
> I'm hoping to avoid a rebuild kit for a little while.
>
> Thanks

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an OptraR+ so I'm wondering if you can get the single sheet
feed to work anywhere close to properly. Using manual feed in the
driver, if I let it index a sheet before the printer actually asks
(beeps) for it, it declares a paper jam. How about you.

Rob

"JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote:

>Great advice from all of you.
>Thanks so much.
>
>Wouldn't you know I got too busy to dig into it as soon as I posted that
>message.
>
>Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to play with it and I'll let you know
>whether there was success and what seemed to work.
>It's an Optra R and I've only had it for 4 or 5 months but I love it.
>What a change from the succession of HP-IIs that I had before.
>Not knocking them either, they were excellent printers but this one has an
>extra 500 sheet drawer and most important to me, a network card.
>All it needs now is a duplexer.
>I can't recommend the older lasers enough.What a bargain they are and it's
>incredible how much I save when printing in B & W. This one has 1200 dpi
>when needed and does a beautiful job on graphics.
>

>"JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote in message
>>

>> The rollers on my laser printer are starting to have difficulty picking up
>> the paper and I seem to remember hearing about products that can
>rejuvenate
>> them.
>> Is there something in a bottle or a special paper that anyone knows about
>> that could help.
>> I'm hoping to avoid a rebuild kit for a little while.
>>
>> Thanks

jp

My feed is missing the tray, but that said I can feed it manually through
the back.

I can't test it right now, it's leaning over on its side as I fool with the
rollers but from memory when I last played with the manual function I had to
put the paper in far enough to contact a small tab.
If it beeped and then I put it in it would grab it no problem.
As I say that's just my memory so maybe I'll give it a shot when I've dealt
with the rollers.

"Rob" <tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an OptraR+ so I'm wondering if you can get the single sheet
> feed to work anywhere close to properly. Using manual feed in the
> driver, if I let it index a sheet before the printer actually asks
> (beeps) for it, it declares a paper jam. How about you.
>
> Rob
>

> "JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote:
>
> >Great advice from all of you.
> >Thanks so much.
> >
> >Wouldn't you know I got too busy to dig into it as soon as I posted that
> >message.
> >
> >Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to play with it and I'll let you
know
> >whether there was success and what seemed to work.
> >It's an Optra R and I've only had it for 4 or 5 months but I love it.
> >What a change from the succession of HP-IIs that I had before.
> >Not knocking them either, they were excellent printers but this one has
an
> >extra 500 sheet drawer and most important to me, a network card.
> >All it needs now is a duplexer.
> >I can't recommend the older lasers enough.What a bargain they are and
it's
> >incredible how much I save when printing in B & W. This one has 1200 dpi
> >when needed and does a beautiful job on graphics.
> >

> >"JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote in message
> >>

> >> The rollers on my laser printer are starting to have difficulty picking
up
> >> the paper and I seem to remember hearing about products that can
> >rejuvenate
> >> them.
> >> Is there something in a bottle or a special paper that anyone knows
about
> >> that could help.
> >> I'm hoping to avoid a rebuild kit for a little while.
> >>
> >> Thanks

jp

My manual feed seems to work normally.
It's missing the feeder tray but if I push it in it works and even
straightens the page out if I get it a bit crooked.
If I send a page to the manual feeder and there's no page there it will beep
at me until I put it in.

I guess that's all I can hope for.
Sounds like yours is not working as it should.
Are you sure its indexing? When mine indexes a page without a document
waiting in queue the machine hums as it gets ready.

> My feed is missing the tray, but that said I can feed it manually through
> the back.
>
> I can't test it right now, it's leaning over on its side as I fool with
the
> rollers but from memory when I last played with the manual function I had
> put the paper in far enough to contact a small tab.
> If it beeped and then I put it in it would grab it no problem.
> As I say that's just my memory so maybe I'll give it a shot when I've
dealt
> with the rollers.
>

> "Rob" <tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have an OptraR+ so I'm wondering if you can get the single sheet
> > feed to work anywhere close to properly. Using manual feed in the
> > driver, if I let it index a sheet before the printer actually asks
> > (beeps) for it, it declares a paper jam. How about you.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> > "JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Great advice from all of you.
> > >Thanks so much.
> > >
> > >Wouldn't you know I got too busy to dig into it as soon as I posted
that
> > >message.
> > >
> > >Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to play with it and I'll let you
> know
> > >whether there was success and what seemed to work.
> > >It's an Optra R and I've only had it for 4 or 5 months but I love it.
> > >What a change from the succession of HP-IIs that I had before.
> > >Not knocking them either, they were excellent printers but this one has
> an
> > >extra 500 sheet drawer and most important to me, a network card.
> > >All it needs now is a duplexer.
> > >I can't recommend the older lasers enough.What a bargain they are and
> it's
> > >incredible how much I save when printing in B & W. This one has 1200
dpi
> > >when needed and does a beautiful job on graphics.
> > >

> > >"JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote in message

> up
> > >rejuvenate
> about

jp

Tried the pencil eraser and that seemed to do the trick.

The cam's in a place that's difficult for my fingers so rotating the rubber
on the cam wasn't working for me.
I looked at the idea of a partial dismantle but without a manual I didn't
get too far.

> Great advice from all of you.
> Thanks so much.
>
> Wouldn't you know I got too busy to dig into it as soon as I posted that
> message.
>
> Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to play with it and I'll let you know
> whether there was success and what seemed to work.
> It's an Optra R and I've only had it for 4 or 5 months but I love it.
> What a change from the succession of HP-IIs that I had before.
> Not knocking them either, they were excellent printers but this one has an
> extra 500 sheet drawer and most important to me, a network card.
> All it needs now is a duplexer.
> I can't recommend the older lasers enough.What a bargain they are and it's
> incredible how much I save when printing in B & W. This one has 1200 dpi
> when needed and does a beautiful job on graphics.
>

> "JP" <jpurvisno_spam@telus.net> wrote in message
> >

> > The rollers on my laser printer are starting to have difficulty picking
up
> > the paper and I seem to remember hearing about products that can
> rejuvenate
> > them.
> > Is there something in a bottle or a special paper that anyone knows
about
> > that could help.
> > I'm hoping to avoid a rebuild kit for a little while.
> >
> > Thanks

TRENDING THREADS