ASUS P4V8X with integrated VIA RHINE II 100 Mbis nic. ...c..

Jordan

I have this motherboard for 1 month, as seen here:

http://www.clubic.com/photo/00FA00C800079018.jpg

Unlike my other ethernet controllers, this one is BUILT INTO THE
MOTHERBOARD....but it can't cope with large, prolonged downloads.

Gon't get me wrong. ..it can download and download for hours at top
speed.

But, once you open a full blown, full speed download for several
hours, and then, try browsing the internet in the meantime, just doing
reading, opening up hotmail, yahoo, ebay, and so it ...it begins
crawling, slowly like a slug for the browsing, although the other
download stays at full speed.

I think it's just not a very powerful, robust ethernet chip.

I will be putting inside a DFE-540 tx+ from D-LINK ASAP, to take over
from the built-in one, and will be disabling it.

It shows up as a VIA RHINE II 100 Mbis nic.

BigJim

yep
"Jordan" <jordan@home.org> wrote in message
>I have this motherboard for 1 month, as seen here:
>
> http://www.clubic.com/photo/00FA00C800079018.jpg
>

> Unlike my other ethernet controllers, this one is BUILT INTO THE
> MOTHERBOARD....but it can't cope with large, prolonged downloads.
>
> Gon't get me wrong. ..it can download and download for hours at top
> speed.
>
> But, once you open a full blown, full speed download for several
> hours, and then, try browsing the internet in the meantime, just doing
> reading, opening up hotmail, yahoo, ebay, and so it ...it begins
> crawling, slowly like a slug for the browsing, although the other
> download stays at full speed.
>
> I think it's just not a very powerful, robust ethernet chip.
>
> I will be putting inside a DFE-540 tx+ from D-LINK ASAP, to take over
> from the built-in one, and will be disabling it.
>
> It shows up as a VIA RHINE II 100 Mbis nic.

TRENDING THREADS