Monitor Problems

Hi people. My monitor has decided to get a life of its own. It has
started to go fuzzy in the middle of the screen at random times. It
stays for 20 mins or so, then goes away again. Its on a circle in the
middle, and it only started tonight. There are also little black lines
like interference going across at times too.

Help please...

--
Kennyhardcore
2 answers Last reply

    There are several possibilities. If the monitor is several years old, it
    may be dying of old age. You could be experiencing some kind of
    interference. Has anyone in your area recently installed a high power radio
    transmitter, radar array or microwave tower? Have you had problems with the
    electricity supply in your area? Is this anomaly present in your television
    picture? Have you scanned your system for VAWTM (Viruses, Adware, Worms,
    Trojans & Malware)? Does this problem begin immediately after turning on
    the monitor or does it start after the monitor has been on for a time?

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:41:48 -0700, "Kevin" <kevincf@excite.com>
    wrote:

    >"Kennyhardcore" <Kennyhardcore.1b9dcz@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi people. My monitor has decided to get a life of its own. It has
    >> started to go fuzzy in the middle of the screen at random times. It
    >> stays for 20 mins or so, then goes away again. Its on a circle in the
    >> middle, and it only started tonight. There are also little black lines
    >> like interference going across at times too.
    >>
    >> Help please...
    >>

    >> --
    >> Kennyhardcore
    >
    >There are several possibilities. If the monitor is several years old, it
    >may be dying of old age. You could be experiencing some kind of
    >interference. Has anyone in your area recently installed a high power radio
    >transmitter, radar array or microwave tower? Have you had problems with the
    >electricity supply in your area? Is this anomaly present in your television
    >picture? Have you scanned your system for VAWTM (Viruses, Adware, Worms,
    >Trojans & Malware)? Does this problem begin immediately after turning on
    >the monitor or does it start after the monitor has been on for a time?

    All good advice. I can only add:

    If it the monitor and it is failing, don't decide to get it repaired
    unless it is under some kind of warranty. It's usually cheaper to
    just buy a new, bigger, better monitor than pay somebody to figure out
    what's wrong with the old one, then order/install/reassemble/test your
    old one. Trust me. I've been told this by many shops who would have
    made much more money fixing my monitor than selling me a new one.

    Plus techs don't really like working on monitors. They are dangerous.

Hardware Monitors Microsoft Windows XP