Virginia

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

hi i have a problem everytime i try place mt volume icon
on my tray it says it system_root/system32 cant display
and i cant find my cds that best buy gave me if anyone
can help please email me thank you virginia

I presume youre trying to put the volume icon in your system tray so you
can access the volume shortcuts. The only was it gets in the system tray
is whn you first install youre sound card and associated software. the
only way i know of getting it back is to uninstall youre sound card reboot
then let windows auto detect it. most sound card have native driver
support in winxp sp1.

Start, Settings, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Volume, Put a
Check in "Place Volume icon............."