SP2: getting battery icon in taskbar on desktop machine

After installing SP2, (XP PRO) a have a half charged battery icon on the
taskbar. Its a desktop machine, connected solidly to the National Grid. Is
this is a significant issue, or do I just turn off the icon?

Roger;
You must have some software installed.
Do you have a UPS or something similar?

Contact manufacturer for details.
It would be a good idea to know exactly what it is before getting rid
of it.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Roger Haxby" <roger.haaxxby@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> After installing SP2, (XP PRO) a have a half charged battery icon on
> the taskbar. Its a desktop machine, connected solidly to the
> National Grid. Is this is a significant issue, or do I just turn
> off the icon?

By National Grid do you mean straight into the wall? Check your Power
Options in the Control Panel and see if anything looks off kilter
(especially the UPS page). It may be your Power Supply has a kind of
power reserve built into it or something similar to this or it could
just be a bad reading/misinterpretation. If it doesn't affect anything,
you should be able to remove the icon without any problems.

----
Nathan McNulty

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> Roger;
> You must have some software installed.
> Do you have a UPS or something similar?
>
> Contact manufacturer for details.
> It would be a good idea to know exactly what it is before getting rid
> of it.

OK, I'm turning off all the bettery options etc, and the APM stuff. I dont
think that there were battery details before SP2 however.