Monitor Problems

Kevin Wrote:
> There are several possibilities. If the monitor is several years old,
> it
> may be dying of old age. You could be experiencing some kind of
> interference. Has anyone in your area recently installed a high power
> radio
> transmitter, radar array or microwave tower? Have you had problems
> with the
> electricity supply in your area? Is this anomaly present in your
> television
> picture? Have you scanned your system for VAWTM (Viruses, Adware,
> Worms,
> Trojans & Malware)? Does this problem begin immediately after turning
> on
> the monitor or does it start after the monitor has been on for a time?
>
> i][/color]

OK, the monitor is about 18 months old. I've not got a clue about any
radio transmitter installations or anything like that happening in our
area, no problems with electricity, doesn't happen with the TV, and
I've scanned for worms etc and nothing. It seems to start after the
monitor has been on for a while, possibly overheating?

--
Kennyhardcore

dl

Even new monitors can fail
Tried in safe mode? simply to confirm graphics card is ok
tried on another sys?

"Kennyhardcore" <Kennyhardcore.1ba2cy@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Kevin Wrote:
> > There are several possibilities. If the monitor is several years old,
> > it
> > may be dying of old age. You could be experiencing some kind of
> > interference. Has anyone in your area recently installed a high power
> > radio
> > transmitter, radar array or microwave tower? Have you had problems
> > with the
> > electricity supply in your area? Is this anomaly present in your
> > television
> > picture? Have you scanned your system for VAWTM (Viruses, Adware,
> > Worms,
> > Trojans & Malware)? Does this problem begin immediately after turning
> > on
> > the monitor or does it start after the monitor has been on for a time?
> >
> > i][/color]
>
> OK, the monitor is about 18 months old. I've not got a clue about any
> radio transmitter installations or anything like that happening in our
> area, no problems with electricity, doesn't happen with the TV, and
> I've scanned for worms etc and nothing. It seems to start after the
> monitor has been on for a while, possibly overheating?
>

> --
> Kennyhardcore

If the problem comes up after the unit has been on for a while, a hardware
failure is the most likely answer. If there is a break or crack in a
hardwired piece of electronics it can fail as heat causes the break or crack
to expand and lose contact. These kind of problems are rare, but they do
happen. If the unit is still under warranty, return it for repair. If not
under warranty, consider a new monitor.