Recovery console hard drive eroor

I have made a mistake in installing a boot loader called
grub for a dual boot with another os, when i try to
remove this other os the boot loader stops working the
problem is that when i try to fix the Master boot record
using the recovery console and fdisk /mbr command, when i
select r to access the recovery console it claims it
cannot find any hdds. I have 2x120Gb SATA maxtor 61Y0M0
(NTFS formatted) on a promise raid controller. can
anybody help me, please

Sounds like Recovery console doesn't recognise the Promise controller. Hit
F6 during the boot and provide the drivers diskette. If this is the RAID-1,
disconnect second disk.

woody

When the recovery console starts, you must hit F6 when prompted and load the
driver for your Promise controller. Drives should then be detected.

Woody