  • Windows XP
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 5, 2005 3:27:27 PM

If I replace a P4C800E-Deluxe mb with a P4P800E-Deluxe mb, can I keep my
WinXP Pro operating system and avoid reinstalling XP?

Jimbo

More about : motherboard change winxp pro

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2005 3:50:32 PM

"jimbo" <jimmy7forever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I replace a P4C800E-Deluxe mb with a P4P800E-Deluxe mb, can I keep my
> WinXP Pro operating system and avoid reinstalling XP?
>
> Jimbo

You will have to install using the repair option. If you do it right you
can avoid re-activating and wont lose any existing stuff (documents &
settings, etc). It also helps to make an image backup on a spare drive or
spare networked computer. Acronis True Image comes to mind.

I went from an Asus A7N8X-DLX to a -E and from an (intel mombo) D850EMV to
a D865PERL and had problems on the Asus because the OEM Xp disk did not have
the SATA stuff that is in SP1. If you have any problems then post them
here.

Beemer Biker joestateson@grandecom.net
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT
a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2005 8:14:45 PM

No. They use different chipsets. You will need to reformat and reinstall
your OS.

--
DaveW

"jimbo" <jimmy7forever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I replace a P4C800E-Deluxe mb with a P4P800E-Deluxe mb, can I keep my
> WinXP Pro operating system and avoid reinstalling XP?
>
> Jimbo

a b V Motherboard
April 5, 2005 8:32:01 PM

I just replaced a p4p800e del with the same and I had to reinstall

There was no way I could use the old windows
IT wouldnt accept a reinstall over the top of the old xp either

I had to wipe the drive and start fresh

Doesnt mean that`ll happen to you but thats what happened to me after the
p4p800e del blew up!

"jimbo" <jimmy7forever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I replace a P4C800E-Deluxe mb with a P4P800E-Deluxe mb, can I keep my
> WinXP Pro operating system and avoid reinstalling XP?
>
> Jimbo

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2005 12:14:05 AM

I replaced in march a broken P4P800 Deluxe and installed a P4C800 e-deluxe.
I think this is the better board. But when I bought the P4P800 in june 2003
the P4C800 e-deluxe with 4 sata connectors (2 on southbridge) wasn't
available.

Well, it works without reinstall Win XP!!!

During the boot, I went into the bios and set the new bios to the old
settings. Important the intel raid options to raid 0 for my system.

The first reboot was without any problems. Then I went to the device manager
and saw some yellow marks. This were the different system components. To
solve this I installed the newest Intel Chipset inf files from the asus
website (from the support cd also may working) and after the second reboot
that was all!!

Now it works more fine than the P4P800 and without reinstall XP! The C800
ist more overclocking stable than the P800.

Now my system runs with an 2,8@3,4 cpu at fsb from 243 mhz and Corsair ddr
500 memory. Absolut stable with aircooling (Verax P16 Cu) and only one
chassis fan for the harddisks and I'm very happy about that.

With the P800 no chance. Here after 10 minutes videorendering it hangs up.
During 3dmark it hangs up.

I'm using Win XP Pro SP2.

Good luck
sticksen

"jimbo" <jimmy7forever@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> If I replace a P4C800E-Deluxe mb with a P4P800E-Deluxe mb, can I keep my
> WinXP Pro operating system and avoid reinstalling XP?
>
> Jimbo

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2005 12:56:29 AM

Although not with the same boards, I did succeed a number of times
just updating/repairing WinXp. That way I did not have to reinstall
the programs, just the hardware.

"DaveW" <none@zero.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
ZbudnZ_FEv16hs7fRVn-gA@comcast.com...
> No. They use different chipsets. You will need to reformat and reinstall
> your OS.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "jimbo" <jimmy7forever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> If I replace a P4C800E-Deluxe mb with a P4P800E-Deluxe mb, can I keep my
>> WinXP Pro operating system and avoid reinstalling XP?
>>
>> Jimbo

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2005 1:34:33 AM

> No. They use different chipsets. You will need to reformat and reinstall
> your OS.
>
> --
DaveW,

Whether or not the op has different chipsets will not matter. A repair
install will do the trick.
April 7, 2005 6:02:51 PM

Thank you Clark. I get utterly sick and tired of correcting DaveW's
misinformed posts.
I seem to have been doing this for over a year now... What's more it appears
to be about the only 'contirbution' DaveW ever makes.

"Clark Griswold" <f@i.net> wrote in message
> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
>> No. They use different chipsets. You will need to reformat and
>> reinstall your OS.
>>
>> --
> DaveW,
>
> Whether or not the op has different chipsets will not matter. A repair
> install will do the trick.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2005 6:02:52 PM

Try this page. has some goo tips on it.

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/install/other/motherboa...

"Tim" <Tim@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
news:D 323uk$q8q$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Thank you Clark. I get utterly sick and tired of correcting DaveW's
> misinformed posts.
> I seem to have been doing this for over a year now... What's more it
appears
> to be about the only 'contirbution' DaveW ever makes.
>
> "Clark Griswold" <f@i.net> wrote in message
> > "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
> >> No. They use different chipsets. You will need to reformat and
> >> reinstall your OS.
> >>
> >> --
> > DaveW,
> >
> > Whether or not the op has different chipsets will not matter. A repair
> > install will do the trick.

It has removed 946 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
!