Firewire IEEE 1394A CardBus not working...help!

I have a Syba PCMIA firewire card for my Compaq Presario 2140US laptop
operating Windows XP. I use this firewire card to download digital video.
For some reason it won't work.
I go to Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and it shows the
card with a yellow circle with an !. I know this is not good. I click on
properties for this device and I get the error message that saysThis device
cannot start. (Code 10)I've used troubleshooter and nothing works. No
drivers are required for this card so says the Syba.com
Before I go out and buy a brand new card does anyone have a fix for me?

Thanks a bunch.
Clint

Open event viewer and look for messages from the firewire driver
(Microsoft's?) that will explain why it won't start.
Then email all this info to tech support of syba.com.

--PA