[problem] Zalman CNPS-7700 and Asus P5AD2-E

Hello,

I have problem with installation Zalman CNPS-7700Cu cooler on my
motherboard Asus P5AD2-E Premium. The problem appears when I set the cooler
at the center of the CPU and i screw the bolts (two gold bolts). In Zalman
installation instruction on Zalman's website and in printed instruction is
show that two S-type grips are tightly pressed on the 775 support clip, in
my case this two grips are couple milimeters over the holes in support
clip. How can I install this big cooler on my motherboard without problems?
Please help me with this!
Thank you in advance.

Best regards, logic

Ps. Sorry for my english.
6 answers Last reply
More about problem zalman cnps 7700 asus p5ad2

    In article <Xns96306E37F5A24logicmen@62.87.244.35>, logic7
    <logic7@REpoczta.MOonet.VEpl> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have problem with installation Zalman CNPS-7700Cu cooler on my
    > motherboard Asus P5AD2-E Premium. The problem appears when I set the cooler
    > at the center of the CPU and i screw the bolts (two gold bolts). In Zalman
    > installation instruction on Zalman's website and in printed instruction is
    > show that two S-type grips are tightly pressed on the 775 support clip, in
    > my case this two grips are couple milimeters over the holes in support
    > clip. How can I install this big cooler on my motherboard without problems?
    > Please help me with this!
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Best regards, logic
    >
    > Ps. Sorry for my english.

    Does it look like page 5 of this manual ?

    http://www.zalman.co.kr/Upload/product/7700_eng.PDF

    Does this Macromedia Flash animation help ?
    The first section of the animation is for LGA775.

    http://www.zalman.co.kr/upload/product/CNPS7700.swf

    Paul

    Thanks for your reply.

    I'm doing exactly the same what is in the flash animation and in the pdf
    instruction. Problem is with only step 4 described on 5 page Zalman User's
    Manual. Everything looks corectly beside one detail. Two S-type grip are
    couple milimeters above on the plastic lga 775 support clip, that's why I
    don't know what to do. Is it corect that two S-type grip are above couple
    mm above clip? I am afraid that I could something broke when I screw bolts
    by force. Could you explain me what I'm doing wrong, please?

    Regards, logic

    In article <Xns9630918D9AB52logicmen@62.87.244.35>, logic7
    <logic7@REpoczta.MOonet.VEpl> wrote:

    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > I'm doing exactly the same what is in the flash animation and in the pdf
    > instruction. Problem is with only step 4 described on 5 page Zalman User's
    > Manual. Everything looks corectly beside one detail. Two S-type grip are
    > couple milimeters above on the plastic lga 775 support clip, that's why I
    > don't know what to do. Is it corect that two S-type grip are above couple
    > mm above clip? I am afraid that I could something broke when I screw bolts
    > by force. Could you explain me what I'm doing wrong, please?
    >
    > Regards, logic

    http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/PC-Cooling/Zalman-CNPS-7700-ALCU-Zalman-VF700-review/5/

    Does your "clip support for socket 775" fit like this ?

    http://www.devhardware.com/images/stories/Zalman_CNPS_7700_ALCU_VF700/image012.jpg

    "Install Grips and Bolts

    This is probably one of the more tricky steps. You need to install
    the correct grips, which interlock with the clip. It¹s easier to
    install the bolt into the grip and then mount it to the clip."

    Try what the devhardware article suggests, and fit the bolt into the
    s-type grip, before attaching it to the heatsink clamp.

    I own a Zalman 7000 and it takes a bit of adjustment to get the bolts
    to line up with the holes. The 7700 is a different design, so I don't
    know if it is harder to attach or not.

    When the clip is compressed to the heatsink, the holes will line
    up with the base. Perhaps you need to compress the clip a bit, to
    get the holes to line up ?

    Paul

    Did you ever get the 700 to sit on the cpu? I had purchased the fan,
    and had connected it using I think the S type [or L type conenctors,
    the opposite of whatever they said in the manual], but once I tried to
    put the board in the case, it would not fit with the 0.5 inche of fan
    hangin off the edge [bad luck with case I suppose].

    Thanks,

    - George

    ghadley_00@yahoo.com

    logic7 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have problem with installation Zalman CNPS-7700Cu cooler on my
    > motherboard Asus P5AD2-E Premium. The problem appears when I set the
    cooler
    > at the center of the CPU and i screw the bolts (two gold bolts). In
    Zalman
    > installation instruction on Zalman's website and in printed
    instruction is
    > show that two S-type grips are tightly pressed on the 775 support
    clip, in
    > my case this two grips are couple milimeters over the holes in
    support
    > clip. How can I install this big cooler on my motherboard without
    problems?
    > Please help me with this!
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Best regards, logic
    >
    > Ps. Sorry for my english.

    Did you ever get the 7700 to sit on the cpu? I had purchased the fan,

    logic7 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have problem with installation Zalman CNPS-7700Cu cooler on my
    > motherboard Asus P5AD2-E Premium. The problem appears when I set the
    cooler
    > at the center of the CPU and i screw the bolts (two gold bolts). In
    Zalman
    > installation instruction on Zalman's website and in printed
    instruction is
    > show that two S-type grips are tightly pressed on the 775 support
    clip, in
    > my case this two grips are couple milimeters over the holes in
    support
    > clip. How can I install this big cooler on my motherboard without
    problems?
    > Please help me with this!
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Best regards, logic