boot from the flash drive?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus (More info?)

I have a P4B266 and recently I bought a USB flash drive. Is it possible to
boot from the flash drive?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/

ICQ 326628
2 answers Last reply
More about boot flash drive
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus (More info?)

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:00:43 +0200, "Linea Recta" <mccm.vos@abc.net>
    wrote:

    >>I have a P4B266 and recently I bought a USB flash drive. Is it possible to
    >>boot from the flash drive?
    If your BIOS allows for booting from USB devices, it should be possible.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus (More info?)

    "Brad Clarke" <me@privacy.net> schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:00:43 +0200, "Linea Recta" <mccm.vos@abc.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >>I have a P4B266 and recently I bought a USB flash drive. Is it possible
    > >>boot from the flash drive?
    > If your BIOS allows for booting from USB devices, it should be possible.

    Afraid not (1010) so it seems...

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|