boot from the flash drive?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus (More info?)

I have a P4B266 and recently I bought a USB flash drive. Is it possible to
boot from the flash drive?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

mccm dot vos at hccnet dot nl
URL http://home.hccnet.nl/mccm.vos/

ICQ 326628

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:00:43 +0200, "Linea Recta" <mccm.vos@abc.net>
wrote:

>>I have a P4B266 and recently I bought a USB flash drive. Is it possible to
>>boot from the flash drive?
If your BIOS allows for booting from USB devices, it should be possible.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus (More info?)

"Brad Clarke" <me@privacy.net> schreef in bericht
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:00:43 +0200, "Linea Recta" <mccm.vos@abc.net>
> wrote:
>
> >>I have a P4B266 and recently I bought a USB flash drive. Is it possible
> >>boot from the flash drive?
> If your BIOS allows for booting from USB devices, it should be possible.

Afraid not (1010) so it seems...

--
regards,

|\ /|