P4B533 hard drive slows down the whole system 2 gig proces..

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 6, 2005 6:09:18 PM

It seems when a program is loading or other disk activity my whole system
slows down to a crawl. I have the Intel application accelerator installed as
Intel said to use this instead of drivers for the hard drive controller, but
it doesn't seem to help or I've become used to it or expect to much of my
computer. Does anyone else have this problem with the on board controller
and hard drive performance?

Thanks, Rich
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2005 1:07:28 AM

Rich wrote:
> It seems when a program is loading or other disk activity my whole system
> slows down to a crawl. I have the Intel application accelerator installed as
> Intel said to use this instead of drivers for the hard drive controller, but
> it doesn't seem to help or I've become used to it or expect to much of my
> computer. Does anyone else have this problem with the on board controller
> and hard drive performance?

Sounds like you don't have DMA enabled on the drives.

Ben
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2005 8:36:04 AM

I don't think you need IAA unless your running a raid setup. Remove
it...
I would recommend a thorough system scan and a scheduled checkdisk.
Also, run the default controler driver with the latest chipset inf
update. If your running windows XP SP1, these will already be
installed and DMA will be enabled...

!