P4B533 hard drive slows down the whole system 2 gig proces..

It seems when a program is loading or other disk activity my whole system
slows down to a crawl. I have the Intel application accelerator installed as
Intel said to use this instead of drivers for the hard drive controller, but
it doesn't seem to help or I've become used to it or expect to much of my
computer. Does anyone else have this problem with the on board controller
and hard drive performance?

Thanks, Rich
2 answers Last reply
More about p4b533 hard drive slows system proces

    Rich wrote:
    > It seems when a program is loading or other disk activity my whole system
    > slows down to a crawl. I have the Intel application accelerator installed as
    > Intel said to use this instead of drivers for the hard drive controller, but
    > it doesn't seem to help or I've become used to it or expect to much of my
    > computer. Does anyone else have this problem with the on board controller
    > and hard drive performance?

    Sounds like you don't have DMA enabled on the drives.

    Ben

    I don't think you need IAA unless your running a raid setup. Remove
    it...
    I would recommend a thorough system scan and a scheduled checkdisk.
    Also, run the default controler driver with the latest chipset inf
    update. If your running windows XP SP1, these will already be
    installed and DMA will be enabled...

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:09:18 -0500, "Rich" <dontbotherme@work.com>
    wrote:

    >It seems when a program is loading or other disk activity my whole system
    >slows down to a crawl. I have the Intel application accelerator installed as
    >Intel said to use this instead of drivers for the hard drive controller, but
    >it doesn't seem to help or I've become used to it or expect to much of my
    >computer. Does anyone else have this problem with the on board controller
    >and hard drive performance?
    >
    >Thanks, Rich

Asus Controller Hard Drives Intel Motherboards