Hard drives not detected by Win XP Home

Moved hard drives from old box to new and plugged into
same motherboard from old box also put into new box. WIn
XP Home no longer sees any hard drives on system but they
are all in the bios listing at boot. Any suggestions?

Pauline, make sure that the jumpers ( master and slave ) are set correctly
on the drives and the red stripe
on the ribbon cable is aligned with Pin1 on the drive and motherboard.
"Pauline" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Moved hard drives from old box to new and plugged into
> same motherboard from old box also put into new box. WIn
> XP Home no longer sees any hard drives on system but they
> are all in the bios listing at boot. Any suggestions?

Done. The issue has evolved into detected by bios and
windows stating that it can't find any hard drives
installed. Any ideas? Any ideas are welcome.

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the following screen click
on Disk Manager. Do the drives now show up on the right hand side. If so,
what does it say about them?
www.coribright.com

"pherbach@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:a19f01c48738$6b147e40$a501280a@phx.gbl...