A7V880 Questions

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 7, 2005 6:09:19 AM

Hi,

I`m considering buying this board but have a Q that I can`t find an
answer to anywhere on the web. Does this board support 2 floppy drives
on the FDD controller or only 1? I`d really appreciate a definate
answer to this from someone who has this mb, and I do have a good
reason for needing 2 floppy drives.

Also is this a stable and reliable board for gaming or would I be
better off with an nforce chipset?

Thanks.

Mark.

More about : a7v880 questions

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2005 4:01:36 PM

mark@invalidemail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m considering buying this board but have a Q that I can`t find an
> answer to anywhere on the web. Does this board support 2 floppy drives
> on the FDD controller or only 1? I`d really appreciate a definate
> answer to this from someone who has this mb, and I do have a good
> reason for needing 2 floppy drives.
>
> Also is this a stable and reliable board for gaming or would I be
> better off with an nforce chipset?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark.

I don't see why not... A standard floppy cable with an A and B connector
will allow you to connect two floppy devices.

Matt
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 8, 2005 5:10:13 AM

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:01:36 -0700, Matias Silva <matt@nospam.com>
wrote:

>mark@invalidemail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I`m considering buying this board but have a Q that I can`t find an
>> answer to anywhere on the web. Does this board support 2 floppy drives
>> on the FDD controller or only 1? I`d really appreciate a definate
>> answer to this from someone who has this mb, and I do have a good
>> reason for needing 2 floppy drives.
>>
>> Also is this a stable and reliable board for gaming or would I be
>> better off with an nforce chipset?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Mark.
>
>I don't see why not... A standard floppy cable with an A and B connector
>will allow you to connect two floppy devices.
>
>Matt

It`s been reported though that some of the newer motherboards have
controllers that only support 1 floppy.

Here is one example:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe...

--

Mark
a b V Motherboard

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:09:19 GMT, mark@invalidemail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I`m considering buying this board but have a Q that I can`t find an
>answer to anywhere on the web. Does this board support 2 floppy drives
>on the FDD controller or only 1? I`d really appreciate a definate
>answer to this from someone who has this mb, and I do have a good
>reason for needing 2 floppy drives.
>
>Also is this a stable and reliable board for gaming or would I be
>better off with an nforce chipset?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Mark.

Doesn`t anyone in this group have one of these boards then? Even if
you could just have a look in the bios to see if there is an option
for drive B ;)

--
Mark
Anonymous

M Lynn wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:09:19 GMT, mark@invalidemail.com wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I`m considering buying this board but have a Q that I can`t find an
>>answer to anywhere on the web. Does this board support 2 floppy drives
>>on the FDD controller or only 1? I`d really appreciate a definate
>>answer to this from someone who has this mb, and I do have a good
>>reason for needing 2 floppy drives.
>>
>>Also is this a stable and reliable board for gaming or would I be
>>better off with an nforce chipset?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Mark.
>

> Doesn`t anyone in this group have one of these boards then? Even if
> you could just have a look in the bios to see if there is an option
> for drive B ;)

Page 2-11 of the manual has a picture of the BIOS screen in question.

There is mention of "Legacy Diskette A", but not B.

http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/KT880/A7V880/e179...

Ben
a b V Motherboard
April 10, 2005 11:06:36 PM

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 13:51:09 +0100, Ben Pope
<benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote:

>Page 2-11 of the manual has a picture of the BIOS screen in question.
>
>There is mention of "Legacy Diskette A", but not B.
>
>http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/KT880/A7V880/e179...
>
>Ben

Thanks, it looks I`ll have to get something else now.

--
Mark
!