Multiple Monitors

a b C Monitor
August 21, 2004 12:43:24 AM

I recently updated from Win98 to WinXP. Under Windows 98
I've been using 2 monitors. Both displays are ViewSonic
E55. My primary display adapter is a ATI All-In Wonder
128Pro AGP and my secondary display adapter is a ATI 3D
Rage Pro PCI. I have the latest drivers available
installed.
I can not get the second display to come up even though
I've removed and reinstalled it a number of times. The
Adapter in question is flagged as "This Device cannot
start (Code 10).
Any suggestions?

More about : multiple monitors

August 21, 2004 3:43:01 PM

Did you attempt to run the Windows Trouble shooter to resolve this error?

This is a good first step and will walk you throught the process one step at
a time.

"John T" wrote:

> I recently updated from Win98 to WinXP. Under Windows 98
> I've been using 2 monitors. Both displays are ViewSonic
> E55. My primary display adapter is a ATI All-In Wonder
> 128Pro AGP and my secondary display adapter is a ATI 3D
> Rage Pro PCI. I have the latest drivers available
> installed.
> I can not get the second display to come up even though
> I've removed and reinstalled it a number of times. The
> Adapter in question is flagged as "This Device cannot
> start (Code 10).
> Any suggestions?

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 22, 2004 2:47:52 AM

Also, are you using the ATI Catalyst Software to configure this? Have
you tried removing the devices from the Device Manager, reboot, and let
Windows reinstall the drivers and all that? See if any of this helps :)

----
Nathan McNulty

BAR wrote:
> Did you attempt to run the Windows Trouble shooter to resolve this error?
>
> This is a good first step and will walk you throught the process one step at
> a time.
>
> "John T" wrote:
>

>>I recently updated from Win98 to WinXP. Under Windows 98
>>I've been using 2 monitors. Both displays are ViewSonic
>>E55. My primary display adapter is a ATI All-In Wonder
>>128Pro AGP and my secondary display adapter is a ATI 3D
>>Rage Pro PCI. I have the latest drivers available
>>installed.
>>I can not get the second display to come up even though
>>I've removed and reinstalled it a number of times. The
>>Adapter in question is flagged as "This Device cannot
>>start (Code 10).
>>Any suggestions?

August 22, 2004 9:55:47 AM

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3663.html
Rage I, Rage II/II+, Rage IIc and Rage PRO graphics adapters will not
function as secondary display adapters in a Windows 2000 / XP
environment.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/db.asp
This database consists solely of real-world experiences other
multi-monitor users had with their video cards. The purpose of this
database is to assist you in making purchase decisions, but as always,
all information is provided as is, and no guarantee is given that a
given video card will work in your system.

=========
When running dual monitors under Windows XP using two cards with the
primary one being an ATI AIW, you'll avoid headaches with the video
drivers working properly if the second card is NOT an ATI card.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:43:24 -0700, "John T"

!