  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 9, 2005 12:23:01 AM

I'm having problems with my two Maxtor 120GB SATA drives just disappearing
from Windows when connected to the Nvidia controller.

I can't even get the format to finish before I hear the familiar "de-dum" of
Windows ditching a device and the drives vanish.

Apparently I'm not alone with this and there is a Maxtor firmware revision
floating around that will fix the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can send me the updated
firmware?

Many thanks

Simon.

--
Remove _NOSPAM_ and change _RED_ to blue to reply.

More about : a8n sli dlx maxtor diamondmax

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 9, 2005 3:47:03 AM

plus9, plus10 ? have a look to
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2548&st=0&...
"Simon" <_NOSPAM_newsonly@_RED_yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
news: FKB5e.7279$G8.7028@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I'm having problems with my two Maxtor 120GB SATA drives just disappearing
> from Windows when connected to the Nvidia controller.
>
> I can't even get the format to finish before I hear the familiar "de-dum"
> of Windows ditching a device and the drives vanish.
>
> Apparently I'm not alone with this and there is a Maxtor firmware revision
> floating around that will fix the problem.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem and can send me the updated
> firmware?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Simon.
>
> --
> Remove _NOSPAM_ and change _RED_ to blue to reply.

April 9, 2005 12:37:57 PM

"Christian PRIEUR" <xianp94@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> plus9, plus10 ? have a look to

They're Plus 9s (see subject line). Thanks for the link - a quick search
through the forums backs up what I said about an incompatibility with some
Maxtor drives and this board

I was hoping someone would have the Maxtor firmware update that fixes it as
I can't seem to find it on the web.

Simon.
Related resources
April 9, 2005 12:37:58 PM

Simon wrote:
>>http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2548&st=0&...
>>"Simon" <_NOSPAM_newsonly@_RED_yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
>>news: FKB5e.7279$G8.7028@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>>>I'm having problems with my two Maxtor 120GB SATA drives just
>>>disappearing from Windows when connected to the Nvidia controller.
>>>
>>>I can't even get the format to finish before I hear the familiar "de-dum"
>>>of Windows ditching a device and the drives vanish.
>>>
>>>Apparently I'm not alone with this and there is a Maxtor firmware
>>>revision floating around that will fix the problem.
>>>
>>>Has anyone else experienced this problem and can send me the updated
>>>firmware?
>>>
>>>Many thanks
>>>
>>>Simon.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Remove _NOSPAM_ and change _RED_ to blue to reply.
>>>

> "Christian PRIEUR" <xianp94@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
>
>>plus9, plus10 ? have a look to
>

> They're Plus 9s (see subject line). Thanks for the link - a quick search
> through the forums backs up what I said about an incompatibility with some
> Maxtor drives and this board
>
> I was hoping someone would have the Maxtor firmware update that fixes it as
> I can't seem to find it on the web.
>
> Simon.

i had the same prob with my drives and all i needed to do was flash to
the 1006 bios or better
April 9, 2005 3:11:55 PM

check your power and sata cables.

"Simon" <_NOSPAM_newsonly@_RED_yonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm having problems with my two Maxtor 120GB SATA drives just disappearing
> from Windows when connected to the Nvidia controller.
>
> I can't even get the format to finish before I hear the familiar "de-dum"
> of Windows ditching a device and the drives vanish.
>
> Apparently I'm not alone with this and there is a Maxtor firmware revision
> floating around that will fix the problem.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem and can send me the updated
> firmware?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Simon.
>
> --
> Remove _NOSPAM_ and change _RED_ to blue to reply.

April 9, 2005 7:15:36 PM

"Dave" <dgc132NO@SPAMmail.usask.ca> wrote in message
> Simon wrote:
>>>http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2548&st=0&...
>>>"Simon" <_NOSPAM_newsonly@_RED_yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
>>>news: FKB5e.7279$G8.7028@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

>> "Christian PRIEUR" <xianp94@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
>>
>>>plus9, plus10 ? have a look to
>>

>> They're Plus 9s (see subject line). Thanks for the link - a quick search
>> through the forums backs up what I said about an incompatibility with
>> some Maxtor drives and this board
>>
>> I was hoping someone would have the Maxtor firmware update that fixes it
>> as I can't seem to find it on the web.
>>
>> Simon.
>>

> i had the same prob with my drives and all i needed to do was flash to the
> 1006 bios or better

Thanks for the suggestion but I was already running 1006 and have just
updated to 1007-4 but that's not made any difference :-(

Does anyone actually have the Maxtor Drive firmware? I believe the file name
is BANC1B70.zip

Thanks

Simon

--
Remove _NOSPAM_ and change _RED_ to blue to reply.
!