A8N-SLI Dlx & Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9

I'm having problems with my two Maxtor 120GB SATA drives just disappearing
from Windows when connected to the Nvidia controller.

I can't even get the format to finish before I hear the familiar "de-dum" of
Windows ditching a device and the drives vanish.

Apparently I'm not alone with this and there is a Maxtor firmware revision
floating around that will fix the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can send me the updated
firmware?

Many thanks

Simon.

--
Remove _NOSPAM_ and change _RED_ to blue to reply.
5 answers Last reply

    plus9, plus10 ? have a look to
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2548&st=0&p=26746&
    news: FKB5e.7279$G8.7028@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

    "Christian PRIEUR" <xianp94@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
    > plus9, plus10 ? have a look to

    They're Plus 9s (see subject line). Thanks for the link - a quick search
    through the forums backs up what I said about an incompatibility with some
    Maxtor drives and this board

    I was hoping someone would have the Maxtor firmware update that fixes it as
    I can't seem to find it on the web.

    Simon.

    Simon wrote:
    >>http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2548&st=0&p=26746&
    >>"Simon" <_NOSPAM_newsonly@_RED_yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
    >>news: FKB5e.7279$G8.7028@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    >>
    >>>I'm having problems with my two Maxtor 120GB SATA drives just
    >>>disappearing from Windows when connected to the Nvidia controller.
    >>>
    >>>I can't even get the format to finish before I hear the familiar "de-dum"
    >>>of Windows ditching a device and the drives vanish.
    >>>
    >>>Apparently I'm not alone with this and there is a Maxtor firmware
    >>>revision floating around that will fix the problem.
    >>>
    >>>Has anyone else experienced this problem and can send me the updated
    >>>firmware?
    >>>
    >>>Many thanks
    >>>
    >>>Simon.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Remove _NOSPAM_ and change _RED_ to blue to reply.
    >>>

    > "Christian PRIEUR" <xianp94@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
    >
    >>plus9, plus10 ? have a look to
    >

    > They're Plus 9s (see subject line). Thanks for the link - a quick search
    > through the forums backs up what I said about an incompatibility with some
    > Maxtor drives and this board
    >
    > I was hoping someone would have the Maxtor firmware update that fixes it as
    > I can't seem to find it on the web.
    >
    > Simon.

    i had the same prob with my drives and all i needed to do was flash to
    the 1006 bios or better

    check your power and sata cables.

    "Dave" <dgc132NO@SPAMmail.usask.ca> wrote in message
    > Simon wrote:
    >>>http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=2548&st=0&p=26746&
    >>>"Simon" <_NOSPAM_newsonly@_RED_yonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
    >>>news: FKB5e.7279$G8.7028@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

    >> "Christian PRIEUR" <xianp94@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>plus9, plus10 ? have a look to
    >>

    >> They're Plus 9s (see subject line). Thanks for the link - a quick search
    >> through the forums backs up what I said about an incompatibility with
    >> some Maxtor drives and this board
    >>
    >> I was hoping someone would have the Maxtor firmware update that fixes it
    >> as I can't seem to find it on the web.
    >>
    >> Simon.
    >>

    > i had the same prob with my drives and all i needed to do was flash to the
    > 1006 bios or better

    Thanks for the suggestion but I was already running 1006 and have just
    updated to 1007-4 but that's not made any difference :-(

    Does anyone actually have the Maxtor Drive firmware? I believe the file name
    is BANC1B70.zip

    Thanks

    Simon

    --
    Remove _NOSPAM_ and change _RED_ to blue to reply.

Asus Firmware Maxtor Motherboards