Hardware boot problem

I couldn't find anywhere else appropriate for posting this
query so I'm posting it here, sorry if it's in the wrong
place

I'm using Microsoft XP, and a day ago the wrong switch was
flicked next to my PC, And turned of the PC - and now this
is causing boot problems. When the PC is turned on i get
the basic Packard Bell logo and BIOS options - it then
takes me to boot selection (eg, Start Normally, Safe mode)
etc but all of these return a blue screen with white
writing with the error, Unmountable_boot_volume and tells
me to remove any new hardware (there is none) or new
software in safe mode (there is none but I can't access
safe mode anyway) - Start windows normally brings up the
XP Logo and loading bar, but once the pips in the bar
reach the end the blue screen error shows

I am contacting from my Linux SuSE 9.0 (Master HD)

So far I have tried switching the drives around
Using a single drive
Every Bios boot option
Removing almost all hardware
Running the Recovery Diskette (Results in missing
command.com) although via suse I can access the windows
files and see command.com

Any help MUCH MUCH appreciated

Thanks - DWalker(14)
2 answers Last reply
More about hardware boot problem

    Please read

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297185
    "STOP 0x000000ED UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" Error Message When You Restart
    Your Computer or Upgrade to Windows XP

    heh, i had that problem, my hard drive was faulty but for
    you that isnt the case, you need to use your recovery
    disk and reinstall windows

Hardware Boot Windows XP