PS2 to USB converter

I bought a converter PS2 to USB in order to connect a mouse PS2 and a
keyboard PS2 I would like to connect on one of the USB ports of my laptop.
These devices are not recognized by the system. what can I do?

Well, yesterday I had a mouse from my 98 and it was awful
and since Linux only works with my PS2 mouses I bought a
USB to PS2 Converter - I suggest if you plug in the
converter and an installation is required, cancel the
installation of that - plug the keyboard in the converter
and install the keyboard - this works for me

DanielJWalker

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

Maybe laptops have changed a lot since I bought my last but don't most
laptops come with PS2 ports? If so why would you not plug the mouse
directly into the PS2 port?

"Brunito" <Brunito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I bought a converter PS2 to USB in order to connect a mouse PS2 and a
keyboard PS2 I would like to connect on one of the USB ports of my laptop.
These devices are not recognized by the system. what can I do?

bar

OK your post is a little confusing.

When one describes a converter it is generally accepted as a standard that
one mentions the male end of the adapter first and then the female end. So a
PS/2 to USB converter is one where the Converter plugs into a PS/2 port on a
PC and accepts a USB device.

You say that you need to plug a PS/2 mouse into your USB socket on the PC.
S you really need a USB to PS/2 coverter.

In most cases, except for the Microsoft Mouse range I have not found a PS/2
mouse that will work properly in a USB socket.

Given the cost of the converter plugs, one can usually find a USB mouse for
the same price.

You can plug the keyboard direct into the Laptop PS/2 socket. It also help
working in BIOS if you have this setup.

"JustMe" wrote:

> Maybe laptops have changed a lot since I bought my last but don't most
> laptops come with PS2 ports? If so why would you not plug the mouse
> directly into the PS2 port?
>
> "Brunito" <Brunito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I bought a converter PS2 to USB in order to connect a mouse PS2 and a
> keyboard PS2 I would like to connect on one of the USB ports of my laptop.
> These devices are not recognized by the system. what can I do?

The adapter will be useless unless your mouse was specifically designed to
work through a PS/2 to USB adapter. Usually devices that have this support
come with the adapter.

If it didn't, there's a good chance that it won't work.

Cobbling together adapters so that you can plug something into the computer
usually won't work when the device in question isn't designed to work with
it.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -