A8n-SLI Deluxe Memory Question

Someone

I have a set of Corsair Value Select 1GB (2x512) DDR400 PC3200 Memory Modules installed in my system (slots a1 and b1).
here are the specs:
Model: VS1GBKIT400
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2.5
Support Voltage: 2.5V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s

I also have a pair of Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series,
Low Latency (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 That I am trying to
add to the system in the other two slots. here are their specs:

512MB XMS Corsair Memory Specifications:
Manufacturer: Corsair
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2-3-2-6
Support Voltage: 2.6V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Special Features: Plug-n-Frag Auto-Configuration

Asus documentation says both sets of memory are supported, however I'm not sure if they will work
together to eqaul 1.5gb's. I've had no luck, so I'm assuming they won't. Asus Doc's are a little confusing
too me, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks all!

EA

Paul

Splendid

In article <JNU5e.10726$oY4.2332@fe32.usenetserver.com>,
<someone@somedomain.com.invalid> wrote:

> I have a set of Corsair Value Select 1GB (2x512) DDR400 PC3200 Memory
Modules installed in my system (slots a1 and b1).
> here are the specs:
> Model: VS1GBKIT400
> Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
> Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
> Error Checking: Non-ECC
> Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
> Cas Latency: 2.5
> Support Voltage: 2.5V
> Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
>
> I also have a pair of Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series,
> Low Latency (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 That I am trying to
> add to the system in the other two slots. here are their specs:
>
> 512MB XMS Corsair Memory Specifications:
> Manufacturer: Corsair
> Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
> Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
> Error Checking: Non-ECC
> Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
> Cas Latency: 2-3-2-6
> Support Voltage: 2.6V
> Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
> Special Features: Plug-n-Frag Auto-Configuration
>
> Asus documentation says both sets of memory are supported, however I'm
not sure if they will work
> together to eqaul 1.5gb's. I've had no luck, so I'm assuming they
won't. Asus Doc's are a little confusing
> too me, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks all!
>
> EA

Slot A1 and slot B1 get one matched set.
Slot A2 and slot B2 get the other matched set.

The BIOS should default to DDR333 1T if set to auto. You can
try using DDR400 setting, and change the command rate from 1T to
2T, for slightly better performance. The memory is unlikely to
be operable at DDR400 and command rate set to 1T, at the same
time.

Paul

someone@somedomain.com.invalid wrote:
> I have a set of Corsair Value Select 1GB (2x512) DDR400 PC3200
> Memory Modules installed in my system (slots a1 and b1).

> I also have a pair of Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series,
> I am trying to add to the system in the other two slots

> I've had no luck, so I'm assuming they won't.

Your config seems right, 512x2 in A1 and B1, and the other two in A2 and
B2 might just work. You could up the voltage a tad, though I don't think
that is the problem. You definately need to set the timings as
concervative as possible at first, to see if they work together.

Or maybe I got it wrong and you can't even get into the BIOS SETUP?