pc-dl and vcore2 readings in asus probe

something interesting about my pc-dl .
I did the over clock of Xeon 1.6lvs and got the 3 gig ( ye-hah)

anyhow I was using asus probe and found cpu 2 is running a little hotter (
2-3 degrees celcius) that really doesn't bother me but what did is according
to vcore2 that was running at 3v rather than 1.5 like it's twin.
I double checked my work and it is fine. if it wasn't the system wouldn't
boot according ot the manual

I checked an I am not sure asus probe runs on a pc-dl ( after all it is not
incuded in the distribution CD)
and not on the download page for that board.

has anyone else had this problem? I didn't find it in a google search
please post a reply my email address has been change to avoid spam

Paul

Splendid

In article <WhX5e.4472$Zn3.2688@trnddc02>, "John Smith"
<John.smith@concast.met> wrote:

> something interesting about my pc-dl .
> I did the over clock of Xeon 1.6lvs and got the 3 gig ( ye-hah)
>
> anyhow I was using asus probe and found cpu 2 is running a little hotter (
> 2-3 degrees celcius) that really doesn't bother me but what did is according
> to vcore2 that was running at 3v rather than 1.5 like it's twin.
> I double checked my work and it is fine. if it wasn't the system wouldn't
> boot according ot the manual
>
> I checked an I am not sure asus probe runs on a pc-dl ( after all it is not
> incuded in the distribution CD)
> and not on the download page for that board.
>
> has anyone else had this problem? I didn't find it in a google search
> please post a reply my email address has been change to avoid spam

Are you certain there are two Vcore regulators on that board ?
Maybe there is only one Vcore regulator feeding both processors,
and that is why there is a LED light that detects if the CPU's
have different values on their VID pins. There must be some
reason that there is a requirement for the Vcore operating value
to be the same for both processors.

You are probably looking at Vbat when you see the 3 volt value.

http://www.ctechnet.com/hardware/Asus/PC-DL/asus_pcdl_5.htm

HTH,
Paul

TRENDING THREADS