Floppy not recognized on Win XP

Hi..
I have an Athlon 1700. I have WinXP Home Ed (upgrade).
My floppy disk is not recognized in windows explorer.
The floppy driver is recognized in Device Mgr. I have
tried to uninstall it and then have the computer
recognize new hardware and it looks like it does that but
there still is no "A: Floppy" in my Explorer or My
Computer. Please help. (If you could, please forward
response to my email address....but I will be checking
this site also)..

Thank you for ANY help!

J. Donohue

peter

Hi,

Boot in safe mode and login as administrator.
Go to Device Manager, double click Floppy Disk Controller Card, right click
on the standard floppy disk controller and the click uninstall, click OK.
Reboot to normal. windows should find new hardware and install the floppy
drive.
If still no avail, check the connection of the floppy drive to ensure they
are all well connected.

Hope it helps,

Peter

"Joe Donohue" wrote:

> Hi..
> I have an Athlon 1700. I have WinXP Home Ed (upgrade).
> My floppy disk is not recognized in windows explorer.
> The floppy driver is recognized in Device Mgr. I have
> tried to uninstall it and then have the computer
> recognize new hardware and it looks like it does that but
> there still is no "A: Floppy" in my Explorer or My
> Computer. Please help. (If you could, please forward
> response to my email address....but I will be checking
> this site also)..
>
> Thank you for ANY help!
>
> J. Donohue

Floppy Disk Drive Does Not Appear in the My Computer Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817196&Product=winxp

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Joe Donohue" <iventl8u@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi..
> I have an Athlon 1700. I have WinXP Home Ed (upgrade).
> My floppy disk is not recognized in windows explorer.
> The floppy driver is recognized in Device Mgr. I have
> tried to uninstall it and then have the computer
> recognize new hardware and it looks like it does that but
> there still is no "A: Floppy" in my Explorer or My
> Computer. Please help. (If you could, please forward
> response to my email address....but I will be checking
> this site also)..
>
> Thank you for ANY help!
>
> J. Donohue

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi,
How do I boot in safe mode? My guess is to enter Setup by pressing DEL when
booting, but then what?

Thanks,

"Peter" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Boot in safe mode and login as administrator.
> Go to Device Manager, double click Floppy Disk Controller Card, right click
> on the standard floppy disk controller and the click uninstall, click OK.
> Reboot to normal. windows should find new hardware and install the floppy
> drive.
> If still no avail, check the connection of the floppy drive to ensure they
> are all well connected.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Peter
>
> "Joe Donohue" wrote:
>
> > Hi..
> > I have an Athlon 1700. I have WinXP Home Ed (upgrade).
> > My floppy disk is not recognized in windows explorer.
> > The floppy driver is recognized in Device Mgr. I have
> > tried to uninstall it and then have the computer
> > recognize new hardware and it looks like it does that but
> > there still is no "A: Floppy" in my Explorer or My
> > Computer. Please help. (If you could, please forward
> > response to my email address....but I will be checking
> > this site also)..
> >
> > Thank you for ANY help!
> >
> > J. Donohue

I did that.......and the floppy appears to be connected.
Any suggestions??????

J. Donohue

I also DO NOT get an error message.....and have gone into
the registry to check for corrupted driver files but
everything looks good in there......still puzzled!

J. Donohue

us;817196&Product=winxp

>--
>Mary Sauer MS MVP
>http://office.microsoft.com/
>http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>"Joe Donohue" <iventl8u@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Hi..
>> I have an Athlon 1700. I have WinXP Home Ed (upgrade).
>> My floppy disk is not recognized in windows explorer.
>> The floppy driver is recognized in Device Mgr. I have
>> tried to uninstall it and then have the computer
>> recognize new hardware and it looks like it does that
but
>> there still is no "A: Floppy" in my Explorer or My
>> Computer. Please help. (If you could, please forward
>> response to my email address....but I will be checking
>> this site also)..
>>
>> Thank you for ANY help!
>>
>> J. Donohue
>

>.