Plextor Premium driver and XP

I am having problems burning data cds. I am using XP, I
have built a new
computer and have installed a full version of Xp. I have
my hard drive
configures in a raid array. If there is no media in the
drive it reads in
the control panel as a CD-R drive, if there is media in
the tray it shows as
a cd drive. I have tried to change the drivers. Plextor
say the use standard
Microsoft drivers. I have tried to update the drivers but
windows says that
the loaded driver is the best match. I have uninstalled
and reinstalled the
hardware. It is using Microsoft driver 5.1.2535.0 dated 7-
01-2001. I have
tried to burn using Roxio Cd Creator and Nero 5. It runs
through the burn
process but the disc is blank. Yesterday the computer
restarted and gave me
the error message serious hardware error. The burner
worked on my last
system. Any help would be appreciated

Sandman

not sure i understnd about the RAID config??More than one HD? ..Do you have
the burner hooked on the second connector of the same ribbon as your hard
drive? If so, try running it on its own ribbon, alone...