HP 722C compatible - for reinstalling?

I just had my 6 yr. old Dell PC reformatted, & am trying to reinstall my
printer, an HP DeskJet 722C. But the installation wizard menu choice jumps
from the DeskJet 600 series to the 800 series, completely by-passing the
700's. It says that if one's printer is not listed, to consult the "printer
documentation" for a compatible printer. I have no clue where/what that
documentation is, & therefore no idea which one to choose as compatible.
Anyone??

Cathy
3 answers Last reply
More about 722c compatible reinstalling

    "Cathy Friedmann" <clfr@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > I just had my 6 yr. old Dell PC reformatted, & am trying to reinstall my
    > printer, an HP DeskJet 722C. But the installation wizard menu choice jumps
    > from the DeskJet 600 series to the 800 series, completely by-passing the
    > 700's. It says that if one's printer is not listed, to consult the "printer
    > documentation" for a compatible printer. I have no clue where/what that
    > documentation is, & therefore no idea which one to choose as compatible.

    The DeskJet 722 would be compatible with the driver for the 720, 710, 712 and
    *maybe* the 1000. It uses a different driver language than the standard PCL
    used by most DeskJet's. Your best bet would be to download the proper driver
    from HP at:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=57565&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

    Regards,

    "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

    > "Cathy Friedmann" <clfr@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > > I just had my 6 yr. old Dell PC reformatted, & am trying to reinstall my
    > > printer, an HP DeskJet 722C. But the installation wizard menu choice
    jumps
    > > from the DeskJet 600 series to the 800 series, completely by-passing the
    > > 700's. It says that if one's printer is not listed, to consult the
    "printer
    > > documentation" for a compatible printer. I have no clue where/what that
    > > documentation is, & therefore no idea which one to choose as compatible.
    >
    > The DeskJet 722 would be compatible with the driver for the 720, 710, 712
    and
    > *maybe* the 1000. It uses a different driver language than the standard
    PCL
    > used by most DeskJet's. Your best bet would be to download the proper
    driver
    > from HP at:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=57565&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

    > Regards,

    Thank you; no HP DeskJet 700 series printers - at all - were listed on the
    wizard's menu. I have the original software CD, so in the meantime, instead
    of going the "Add Printer" route, I approached it the other way - just
    inserted the CD & was able to install it, w/out matching it up w/ Windows'
    wizard's menu.

    Cathy

    [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
    the cited author.]

    In article <2h9topFae0vbU1@uni-berlin.de>, clfr@adelphia.net says...
    > I just had my 6 yr. old Dell PC reformatted, & am trying to reinstall my
    > printer, an HP DeskJet 722C. But the installation wizard menu choice jumps
    > from the DeskJet 600 series to the 800 series, completely by-passing the
    > 700's. It says that if one's printer is not listed, to consult the "printer
    > documentation" for a compatible printer. I have no clue where/what that
    > documentation is, & therefore no idea which one to choose as compatible.
    > Anyone??

    Being 6 years old, are you using Win95 or Win98? If so, download the
    newest drivers from HP. They may be newer than even the install disk that
    came with the printer. I believe only WinME, 2K and XP come with basic 722
    drivers. WinME can use the full feature 95/98/ME drivers from HP. 2K and
    XP users are stuck with the basic driver that comes with Windows.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

Printers Hewlett Packard Compatibility Peripherals