HP 722C compatible - for reinstalling?

I just had my 6 yr. old Dell PC reformatted, & am trying to reinstall my
printer, an HP DeskJet 722C. But the installation wizard menu choice jumps
from the DeskJet 600 series to the 800 series, completely by-passing the
700's. It says that if one's printer is not listed, to consult the "printer
documentation" for a compatible printer. I have no clue where/what that
documentation is, & therefore no idea which one to choose as compatible.
Anyone??

Cathy

"Cathy Friedmann" <clfr@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> I just had my 6 yr. old Dell PC reformatted, & am trying to reinstall my
> printer, an HP DeskJet 722C. But the installation wizard menu choice jumps
> from the DeskJet 600 series to the 800 series, completely by-passing the
> 700's. It says that if one's printer is not listed, to consult the "printer
> documentation" for a compatible printer. I have no clue where/what that
> documentation is, & therefore no idea which one to choose as compatible.

The DeskJet 722 would be compatible with the driver for the 720, 710, 712 and
*maybe* the 1000. It uses a different driver language than the standard PCL
used by most DeskJet's. Your best bet would be to download the proper driver
from HP at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=57565&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Regards,

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> "Cathy Friedmann" <clfr@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > I just had my 6 yr. old Dell PC reformatted, & am trying to reinstall my
> > printer, an HP DeskJet 722C. But the installation wizard menu choice
jumps
> > from the DeskJet 600 series to the 800 series, completely by-passing the
> > 700's. It says that if one's printer is not listed, to consult the
"printer
> > documentation" for a compatible printer. I have no clue where/what that
> > documentation is, & therefore no idea which one to choose as compatible.
>
> The DeskJet 722 would be compatible with the driver for the 720, 710, 712
and
> *maybe* the 1000. It uses a different driver language than the standard
PCL
> used by most DeskJet's. Your best bet would be to download the proper
driver
> from HP at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=57565&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

> Regards,

Thank you; no HP DeskJet 700 series printers - at all - were listed on the
wizard's menu. I have the original software CD, so in the meantime, instead
of going the "Add Printer" route, I approached it the other way - just
inserted the CD & was able to install it, w/out matching it up w/ Windows'
wizard's menu.

Cathy

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article <2h9topFae0vbU1@uni-berlin.de>, clfr@adelphia.net says...
> I just had my 6 yr. old Dell PC reformatted, & am trying to reinstall my
> printer, an HP DeskJet 722C. But the installation wizard menu choice jumps
> from the DeskJet 600 series to the 800 series, completely by-passing the
> 700's. It says that if one's printer is not listed, to consult the "printer
> documentation" for a compatible printer. I have no clue where/what that
> documentation is, & therefore no idea which one to choose as compatible.
> Anyone??

Being 6 years old, are you using Win95 or Win98? If so, download the
newest drivers from HP. They may be newer than even the install disk that
came with the printer. I believe only WinME, 2K and XP come with basic 722
drivers. WinME can use the full feature 95/98/ME drivers from HP. 2K and
XP users are stuck with the basic driver that comes with Windows.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross