I recently had to repair my windows XP instalation because of a corrupted
file. Now my secondary hard drive is recognized but I can not access any
information on it. It was named as the T: drive before but now has been
renamed as the D; drive and says it must be formatted before it can be used
or renamed. I have a lot of important infromation on this drive that I don't
want to lose. How can I get windows to recognize this drive again?

Rt click MyComputer>Select Manage>Disk Management>If your drive shows
up there rt click on it and
see if you can assign it a drive letter.
"T-Hor" <THor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently had to repair my windows XP instalation because of a corrupted
> file. Now my secondary hard drive is recognized but I can not access any
> information on it. It was named as the T: drive before but now has been
> renamed as the D; drive and says it must be formatted before it can be
used
> or renamed. I have a lot of important infromation on this drive that I
don't
> want to lose. How can I get windows to recognize this drive again?

that doesnt help me and i have same problem.my drive letters did not change
though. any other suggestions any one??

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Rt click MyComputer>Select Manage>Disk Management>If your drive shows
> up there rt click on it and
> see if you can assign it a drive letter.
> "T-Hor" <THor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I recently had to repair my windows XP instalation because of a corrupted
> > file. Now my secondary hard drive is recognized but I can not access any
> > information on it. It was named as the T: drive before but now has been
> > renamed as the D; drive and says it must be formatted before it can be
> used
> > or renamed. I have a lot of important infromation on this drive that I
> don't
> > want to lose. How can I get windows to recognize this drive again?

Install the second drive as Master on the Secondary IDE channel by itself
temporarily. See if it works
from there.