HDTV works but no Analog tuning with ATI HDTV Wonder with ..

Hi,

I have an P4 3.2 GHz win xp pro sp2 on ASUS p5ad2-e premium [bios v
1004] with Sapphire Radeon x850 XT and
300 GB SATA HD, as well as 4 IDE devices [2 DVD burners running at UDMa
4 & 2, and 2 IDE HD running at UDMA 5]. The machine is an ASUS P5AD2-e
premium, and the 4 ide devices are connected to the ide raid connector
[this board's default for this connector is standard IDE, and this is
the only connector to support 133 mode transfers]. I have all the
latest radeon drivers, as well as all of the latest hdtv drivers [as of
4/10/05] installed. HDTV works, tv fails to initialize. Running pc
check shows everything being ok, except questions marks about the 4 IDE
devices having DMA enable [all of whice show up as udma during boot
post]. In looking at windows device manager, the primary and secondary
ide's are set to dma as possible. Any suggestions on ways to correct
this.

I have the following drivers installed:

For Radeon: wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-121-050322a-022141c.exe

For HDTV Wonder:
mmc-9-1-0-0-dao-mdac.exe
hdtv-wonder-5-01_2026v2.exe
atiCDwiz.exe [for dtv decoder]
mmc-9-06-1.exe

and I have installed directx 9c (dxwebsetup.exe) as well as
remote-wonder-3-01-0-0-english.exe [which by the way, no longer seems
to load after having uninstalled and installed it a number of times.]

I have windows media player 10 installed as well as windows media
encoder 9.

Is quite frustrating - I would really like to get this to work. Could
this possibly be bad hardware? [I noticed on the physical unit the
silver box on the card had some light white substance across the metal]

I guess I shouldn't be suprised, I've had 3 machines with 3 different
ati tv products and with every single one, getting the tv part to work
has been the biggest hassle. If anyone can recommend a different tv
tuner card [even if by ati] I'm all ears as well.

Thanks,

George
ghadley_00@yahoo.com

A few things come to mind:

A.) Don't trust that ATI PC Check for hard drive DMA compatibility...it's
always wrong

B.) I might be tempted to move the CD/DVD drives to the standard IDE
controller

C.) What anti-virus program are you running? Try disabling it.

D.) Any anti-pop-up or firewall software? Try disabling them as well

E.) Did you install Intel's chipset drivers?

It may be that you have faulty hardware, but I'd consider that as a last
resort. ATI software is known to be buggy so you might have to play with it.
Was this a clean install of the OS?
--
Robert J. Salvi, Ambiance Acoustics
http://www.ambianceacoustics.com

<ghadley_00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an P4 3.2 GHz win xp pro sp2 on ASUS p5ad2-e premium [bios v
> 1004] with Sapphire Radeon x850 XT and
> 300 GB SATA HD, as well as 4 IDE devices [2 DVD burners running at UDMa
> 4 & 2, and 2 IDE HD running at UDMA 5]. The machine is an ASUS P5AD2-e
> premium, and the 4 ide devices are connected to the ide raid connector
> [this board's default for this connector is standard IDE, and this is
> the only connector to support 133 mode transfers]. I have all the
> latest radeon drivers, as well as all of the latest hdtv drivers [as of
> 4/10/05] installed. HDTV works, tv fails to initialize. Running pc
> check shows everything being ok, except questions marks about the 4 IDE
> devices having DMA enable [all of whice show up as udma during boot
> post]. In looking at windows device manager, the primary and secondary
> ide's are set to dma as possible. Any suggestions on ways to correct
> this.
>
> I have the following drivers installed:
>
> For Radeon: wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-121-050322a-022141c.exe
>
> For HDTV Wonder:
> mmc-9-1-0-0-dao-mdac.exe
> hdtv-wonder-5-01_2026v2.exe
> atiCDwiz.exe [for dtv decoder]
> mmc-9-06-1.exe
>
> and I have installed directx 9c (dxwebsetup.exe) as well as
> remote-wonder-3-01-0-0-english.exe [which by the way, no longer seems
> to load after having uninstalled and installed it a number of times.]
>
> I have windows media player 10 installed as well as windows media
> encoder 9.
>
> Is quite frustrating - I would really like to get this to work. Could
> this possibly be bad hardware? [I noticed on the physical unit the
> silver box on the card had some light white substance across the metal]
>
> I guess I shouldn't be suprised, I've had 3 machines with 3 different
> ati tv products and with every single one, getting the tv part to work
> has been the biggest hassle. If anyone can recommend a different tv
> tuner card [even if by ati] I'm all ears as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George
> ghadley_00@yahoo.com

....one more thing, you might also post this to:

alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
--

"R. J. Salvi" <rjsalvi@nospamambianceacoustics.com> wrote in message
>A few things come to mind:
>
> A.) Don't trust that ATI PC Check for hard drive DMA compatibility...it's
> always wrong
>
> B.) I might be tempted to move the CD/DVD drives to the standard IDE
> controller
>
> C.) What anti-virus program are you running? Try disabling it.
>
> D.) Any anti-pop-up or firewall software? Try disabling them as well
>
> E.) Did you install Intel's chipset drivers?
>
> It may be that you have faulty hardware, but I'd consider that as a last
> resort. ATI software is known to be buggy so you might have to play with
> it. Was this a clean install of the OS?

> <ghadley_00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an P4 3.2 GHz win xp pro sp2 on ASUS p5ad2-e premium [bios v
>> 1004] with Sapphire Radeon x850 XT and
>> 300 GB SATA HD, as well as 4 IDE devices [2 DVD burners running at UDMa
>> 4 & 2, and 2 IDE HD running at UDMA 5]. The machine is an ASUS P5AD2-e
>> premium, and the 4 ide devices are connected to the ide raid connector
>> [this board's default for this connector is standard IDE, and this is
>> the only connector to support 133 mode transfers]. I have all the
>> latest radeon drivers, as well as all of the latest hdtv drivers [as of
>> 4/10/05] installed. HDTV works, tv fails to initialize. Running pc
>> check shows everything being ok, except questions marks about the 4 IDE
>> devices having DMA enable [all of whice show up as udma during boot
>> post]. In looking at windows device manager, the primary and secondary
>> ide's are set to dma as possible. Any suggestions on ways to correct
>> this.
>>
>> I have the following drivers installed:
>>
>> For Radeon: wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-121-050322a-022141c.exe
>>
>> For HDTV Wonder:
>> mmc-9-1-0-0-dao-mdac.exe
>> hdtv-wonder-5-01_2026v2.exe
>> atiCDwiz.exe [for dtv decoder]
>> mmc-9-06-1.exe
>>
>> and I have installed directx 9c (dxwebsetup.exe) as well as
>> remote-wonder-3-01-0-0-english.exe [which by the way, no longer seems
>> to load after having uninstalled and installed it a number of times.]
>>
>> I have windows media player 10 installed as well as windows media
>> encoder 9.
>>
>> Is quite frustrating - I would really like to get this to work. Could
>> this possibly be bad hardware? [I noticed on the physical unit the
>> silver box on the card had some light white substance across the metal]
>>
>> I guess I shouldn't be suprised, I've had 3 machines with 3 different
>> ati tv products and with every single one, getting the tv part to work
>> has been the biggest hassle. If anyone can recommend a different tv
>> tuner card [even if by ati] I'm all ears as well.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> George
>> ghadley_00@yahoo.com

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

If you do a search on ati's website they have a fix for your problem.