HP Laserjet 4 with Intel NetportExpress Pro

Hi,

I just bought a used Laserjet 4 with an Intel NetportExpress Pro network
card installed. When I pressed the diag. button on the card, it would send
a page to be printed which showed that all the POST passed. The TCP/IP was
configered but the IP address was 0.0.0.0. I tried changing the IP address
using NetBEUI, Netport Software and a crossover cable, but the Netport
software wouldn't find the printer. I then tried flashing the Intel card to
the factory defaults with Proflash and a serial null modem. Now when I
press the diag. button, nothing happens. I think that I hooped the flash.
The firmware version on my Netport card was V04.45a, now it's probably
V-ARGHHH. I was trying to flash it using the latest version of Proflash
from the Intel website.

I am hoping someone has some advice for reflashing the card. Is there a
trick that I am missing: setting up the COM port a certain way, special null
modem, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Michael

jp

"Michael & Carolyn Smith" <mdcjsmith@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a used Laserjet 4 with an Intel NetportExpress Pro network
> card installed. When I pressed the diag. button on the card, it would
send
> a page to be printed which showed that all the POST passed. The TCP/IP
was
> configered but the IP address was 0.0.0.0. I tried changing the IP
address
> using NetBEUI, Netport Software and a crossover cable, but the Netport
> software wouldn't find the printer. I then tried flashing the Intel card
> the factory defaults with Proflash and a serial null modem. Now when I
> press the diag. button, nothing happens. I think that I hooped the flash.
> The firmware version on my Netport card was V04.45a, now it's probably
> V-ARGHHH. I was trying to flash it using the latest version of Proflash
> from the Intel website.
>
> I am hoping someone has some advice for reflashing the card. Is there a
> trick that I am missing: setting up the COM port a certain way, special
null
> modem, etc.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>
> Michael

\ Hope I'm not wasting your time with this response as I've not had a HP 4
myself.
If the network card is not a server but actually installed in the printer
then I'm guessing you would set the IP using the screen menu on the printer
itself.