Cooling LGA 775 Intel P4 3.2 GHZ on ASUS P5AD2-e premium

Hi,

I have a ASUS P5AD2-e premium board with an intel p4 3.2 GHZ lga 775
chip [640], and I am looking for a quiet cpu cooler than what comes
with the chip.

1) any recommendations? [the zalman 7700cu won't fit in my case]
2) has anyone tried the thermalright xp-120 with this board?

3) if you were able to fit the thermalright xp-120 to the cpu, which
fan did you use?

Thanks,

George

ghadley_00@yahoo.com

I am using the artic cooling freezer that I got from 3D Cooler - works great
and pretty quiet.

<ghadley_00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a ASUS P5AD2-e premium board with an intel p4 3.2 GHZ lga 775
> chip [640], and I am looking for a quiet cpu cooler than what comes
> with the chip.
>
> 1) any recommendations? [the zalman 7700cu won't fit in my case]
> 2) has anyone tried the thermalright xp-120 with this board?
>
> 3) if you were able to fit the thermalright xp-120 to the cpu, which
> fan did you use?
>
> Thanks,
>
> George
>
> ghadley_00@yahoo.com

Hi,

I have a asus p5ad2-e board with an intel p4 3.2 Ghz being cooled by a
thermalright xp-120 unit with a nexus 120mm real silent case fan
[D12SL-12]. Since installing this coolling solution my machine is much
more quiet, however, on start up I get a bios error stating cpu fan
fail. Once I hit F1 to bypass the error, asus probe 2 shows the cpu fan
going at ~1028 with temps of CPU around 28 C / 82 F. I have the nexus
fan connected via the cpu fan [3 pin connector] on the motherboard. the
fan is mounted to be drawing air away from the motherboard.

Any suggestions on how this bios error should be remedied? Have I
connected something incorrectly?

Thanks,

George

ghadley_00@yahoo.com