Trouble with Linksys EG1032 Gbit NIC on Windows XP

August 22, 2004 12:19:47 PM

Hello,

I just installed this card on my XP workstation. I noticed the UPLOAD
seems incredibly slower than my old 100Mbit card (both computers are
on my Gbit LAN with Gbit linksys router and Cat6 cable). Copying a 6Mb
file from this computer to a linux server using Samba takes over 3
minutes, while it takes 1-2 seconds with the old 100Mbit card. Also
I've noticed the problem with this card only occurrs when copying from
the XP workstation to the server (UPLOADING), but the other way around
(DOWNLOADING from the server to the XP workstation), takes sub-second
as expected.

I know the problem isn't with the card because I just ran to FRY's and
bought a brand new one. I don't think its a problem with the driver
either. I did a system restore to a time before I installed the card
for the first time, then I installed the card using the latest version
of the driver from the linksys site.

At this point I'm running out of ideas. Has someone seen something
like this?

Thanks,

Erasmo
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 11:34:42 PM

What are your settings for the NIC? Only suggestion would be to double
check the settings and the drivers. Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and
click OK. Expand Network Adapters and double click on the device. Check
thes settings again. Also, are there any different drivers available?

----
Nathan McNulty

!