- A8N-SLI Deluxe owners...

Anyone notice that the chipset fan on the A8N-SLI Deluxe is freaking loud?

Have most of you kept it? Or changed it?

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

"Jon J. Yeager" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
> Anyone notice that the chipset fan on the A8N-SLI Deluxe is freaking loud?
>
> Have most of you kept it? Or changed it?

I kept it but put just lowered the rpm to about 5200. It's now virtually
silent and still only a few degrees warmer than when it's spinning at full
tilt.

Jon J. Yeager wrote:
> Anyone notice that the chipset fan on the A8N-SLI Deluxe is freaking loud?
>
> Have most of you kept it? Or changed it?

I replaced it with a Zalman, and added a small noiseless fan to that to
make sure it's really cool.

milleron

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:09:55 GMT, "Simon"
<_NOSPAM_newsonly@_RED_yonder.co.uk> wrote:

>"Jon J. Yeager" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone notice that the chipset fan on the A8N-SLI Deluxe is freaking loud?
>>
>> Have most of you kept it? Or changed it?
>>

>I kept it but put just lowered the rpm to about 5200. It's now virtually
>silent and still only a few degrees warmer than when it's spinning at full
>tilt.

Did you solder a resistor in line or use a retail fan controller?

Ron