Driver won't install.

martin

I have been trying to get my old HP660c printer to work with my current
computer and Win98se. I don't have the original 98 CD which it keeps
calling for to get the driver off of.

Microsoft routed me to HP where I tried to use their download and install
setup but it didn't work. I then downloaded the driver dj149en.exe which
expands to Disks 1,2 and 3. I've tried to use those disks with the windows
driver installation wizard with no luck.

Could someone tell me how to use those disks? Or maybe there's a better
way?

Martin <marty2kay@earthlink.not> wrote:
> I have been trying to get my old HP660c printer to work with my current
> computer and Win98se. I don't have the original 98 CD which it keeps
> calling for to get the driver off of.
>
> Microsoft routed me to HP where I tried to use their download and install
> setup but it didn't work. I then downloaded the driver dj149en.exe which
> expands to Disks 1,2 and 3. I've tried to use those disks with the windows
> driver installation wizard with no luck.

Don't use the wizard. Run the setup or install program that is on the
first disk.

martin

Thanks Warren, that did it!

Marty