Adding a new hard drive

Dear all, I want to add a new hard drive but the new drive is not showing in
explorer:

Set up is 1 hard disk and 2 partitions C: & D:
Also I have a CD R+W E: and a DVD R+W F:
plus the new Hard drive

The new drive is set as slave, and in the device manager it is showing and
working correctly!!

Very frustrating!

peter

you need to format that drive before it will show
peter
"PSM." <PSM.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all, I want to add a new hard drive but the new drive is not showing in
> explorer:
>
> Set up is 1 hard disk and 2 partitions C: & D:
> Also I have a CD R+W E: and a DVD R+W F:
> plus the new Hard drive
>
> The new drive is set as slave, and in the device manager it is showing and
> working correctly!!
>
> Very frustrating!

You'll need to run diskmgmt.msc and assign it a drive letter before it will
show up. You may also need to partition and format it if it isn't already.

"PSM." <PSM.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all, I want to add a new hard drive but the new drive is not showing
> in
> explorer:
>
> Set up is 1 hard disk and 2 partitions C: & D:
> Also I have a CD R+W E: and a DVD R+W F:
> plus the new Hard drive
>
> The new drive is set as slave, and in the device manager it is showing and
> working correctly!!
>
> Very frustrating!

Thanks diskmgmt.msc did it, was able to initialize the drive and format it
and now it shows