garry

Hi,
Out of the blue I have started getting the error message
in the device manager "The device cannot start (Code
10)". This is on my betwork adaptor. I have uninstalled
it reinstalled, installed updates drivers, reformatted
with SP2, SP1, and no SP. After reformatting it may
work a day or 2 but then I get the error again. I cant
try another network adaptor yet, so I'd really appreciate
it if someone would give me an idea to try. I need
this connection for my network so I can complete college.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Garry
..

if this is a desktop system just spend the $15 and get a generic nic to use
for a while or $25 and get a linksys or netgear nic.

3com has some of the worst win xp drivers around. if you aren't aware of the
issues or have a good background in tcp/ip and ethernet you'll go crazy
trying to figure out what's up with a 3com card. one day it works another
it's hella slow and on other days it won't work at all then poof it starts
working again.

look into the driver options in the device manager and de-select auto for
the connection speed and select either 10 or 100 depending on the hub/switch
you hook to's max speed and you'll probably be fine

"Garry" wrote:

> Hi,
> Out of the blue I have started getting the error message
> in the device manager "The device cannot start (Code
> 10)". This is on my betwork adaptor. I have uninstalled
> it reinstalled, installed updates drivers, reformatted
> with SP2, SP1, and no SP. After reformatting it may
> work a day or 2 but then I get the error again. I cant
> try another network adaptor yet, so I'd really appreciate
> it if someone would give me an idea to try. I need
> this connection for my network so I can complete college.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Garry
> ..

Why not see the responses to your first post? Please, for everyone's
sake, keep your problems all in one post.

----
Nathan McNulty