ASUS P5AD2-E Premium

Hi,

Have just got this board and set it up. However, the only way I can get it
to boot from switching on is to ensure the keyboard is pressed.

I have disabled wake on keyboard in BIOS and jumpers are set correctly.
It does this with my microsoft wireless keyboard but not with a normal run
of the mill one.
Any ideas would be grateful to solve this.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:33:01 +0100, "Nick Harrison"
<nick@harri6760.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Have just got this board and set it up. However, the only way I can get it
>to boot from switching on is to ensure the keyboard is pressed.
>
>I have disabled wake on keyboard in BIOS and jumpers are set correctly.
>It does this with my microsoft wireless keyboard but not with a normal run
>of the mill one.
>Any ideas would be grateful to solve this.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Nick

I take it that with a standard keyboard the computer boots normally?
The wireless keyboard my not have all the drivers loaded for it to
work properly. With the keyboard that works properly check the website
for the keyboard maker and download the latest driver. Update the
driver first then unplug the wired keyboard. Reconnect your wireless
sender unit. The computer will detect new hardware and install the
drivers. If the keyboard works try a reboot and see what happens. If
it doesn't work you will have ro remove all the drivers and software
and try again. Sometimes hardware doesn't like some machines. Hope it
helps.....

Bubba

I need more information. Is this a bluetooth mouse or wireless
explorer or what? What happens? Do you get an error message? If you
say "doesn't boot" I assume you don't ever get to windows trying to
load. That motherboard supports bluetooth in the bios. If you have a
bluetooth mouse and keyboard you should see them detected by the bios
and you should see the keyboard and mouse on the device display at the
end of the boot just before your o/s is loaded. If it's just a vanilla
wireless keyboard it probably (I have never tried this) will not be
detected during boot but will work once the o/s loads. In the bios you
can tell it to ignore mouse/keyboard present errors. It is really kind
of silly that they give you a message that says "no keyboard detected,
press F1 to continue". How the hell are you supposed to press F1
without a keyboard? Hope this helps but if it doesn't I need more
data.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:33:01 +0100, "Nick Harrison"
<nick@harri6760.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Have just got this board and set it up. However, the only way I can get it
>to boot from switching on is to ensure the keyboard is pressed.
>
>I have disabled wake on keyboard in BIOS and jumpers are set correctly.
>It does this with my microsoft wireless keyboard but not with a normal run
>of the mill one.
>Any ideas would be grateful to solve this.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Nick

Hi

Thanks for your advice.
The keyboard I am using is a microsoft wireless one. The sender unit is
attatched to both PS2 mouse and keyboard which are plugged in the
motherboard. Like I say if i turn the machine on or have to restart for any
reason I have to prees any key on the keyboard for the PC to POST.
Pain really but stumped for the reason - any enlightment anybody??/

Regards

Nick