two problems I get with my k8v se deluxe

I have had this motherboard for a year now and there are two problems
that I get with it:

1) occasionally the sound volume would suddenly just become very low
that i'd have to turn it to max to be able to hear, and even then it'd
be too low for my preferences. This would continue to be so until I
restart, which is what I usually do if this happens.
2) a similar thing would happen with the usb adsl modem that I use, in
that occasionally the connection would be suddenly lost, and the
"disconnect" option from the task tray icon would not be responsive, so
I'd have to restart to be able to go online again.

Sometimes this happens a little too often for comfort, for example,
just now, where it happened a few times tonights. Sometimes it could go
on for days without this happening.

What's the deal?

Thanks.

I would suspect heat to be the culprit here...are you using cool 'n quiet?

Bobby

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> I would suspect heat to be the culprit here...are you using cool 'n
quiet?

Yes I am. I've got some fans inside and last time I used a motherboard
temperature sensor or reader (there's such software on my computer i
just forgot what its name is or where to find it) it usually was in the
late 20s or early 30s for both motherboard and processor and hardly
changed from that that I no longer cared much about monitoring it. I
doubt it is heat.

News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups
=----

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> I would suspect heat to be the culprit here...are you using cool 'n
quiet?

> Bobby

Just found it, the tool is called asus probe (!).

OK, according to it, the CPU temperature is 30c/86f and the MB
termpature is 23c/73f.

> <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I have had this motherboard for a year now and there are two
problems
> > that I get with it:
> >
> > 1) occasionally the sound volume would suddenly just become very
low
> > that i'd have to turn it to max to be able to hear, and even then
it'd
> > be too low for my preferences. This would continue to be so until I
> > restart, which is what I usually do if this happens.
> > 2) a similar thing would happen with the usb adsl modem that I use,
in
> > that occasionally the connection would be suddenly lost, and the
> > "disconnect" option from the task tray icon would not be
responsive, so
> > I'd have to restart to be able to go online again.
> >
> > Sometimes this happens a little too often for comfort, for example,
> > just now, where it happened a few times tonights. Sometimes it
could go
> > on for days without this happening.
> >
> > What's the deal?
> >
> > Thanks.

News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups
=----

Paul

Splendid

In article <1113702392.713491.134900@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
casioculture@gmail.com wrote:

> NoNoBadDog! wrote:
> > I would suspect heat to be the culprit here...are you using cool 'n
> quiet?
> >
> > Bobby
>
> Just found it, the tool is called asus probe (!).
>
> OK, according to it, the CPU temperature is 30c/86f and the MB
> termpature is 23c/73f.

No idea what is wrong with your sound. For USB, it could be
that Windows power management had something to do with
disconnecting the USB port. A second source of cutoffs,
is if the USB ADSL modem draws more than 500mA - if Windows
detects that the limit has been exceeded, the USB port could
be turned off. A modem that suffers from this a lot, is
the Alcatel 330 modem, which was measured to be drawing
just slightly more than 500mA. Such modems don't always
have their current consumption printed on the product,
so the user has no way of knowing the design is marginal.

If the current consumption of the ADSL modem is the source of
the problem, one solution is to use an Ethernet connected
version of the modem instead. Perhaps if you talk to the
tech support at your ISP, you can discuss options for the
modem. I use an Ethernet connected modem, and at least with
that, I don't have power related problems - the modem itself
will misbehave about once a month, but is otherwise an
OK product.

While using a self-powered USB2 hub might seem to solve the
problem, there is no way of knowing whether a self-powered
hub will be more tolerant of the problem or not.

http://www.usbman.org is a place you can look for more hints.

HTH,
Paul

TRENDING THREADS