P4P800E-Deluxe FSB & Memory speed check.

How do I determine what my P4P800E-Deluxe front side bus speed is set to. I
have a P4 3.2E GHZ HT cpu & 4 sticks of PC3200(400mhz).
The brand is Corsair with 2 sticks @ 2.5 latency and 2 @ 3.0 latency,
whatever that means. .
I want the fsb to run @ 800mhz and the memory to be @ 400mhz. I will keep
the cpu @ 3.2ghz to keep things stable.
I'm not sure if it will just default to these top speeds. If not then what
do I need to change in bios?

I do mostly video editing and want to get real time performance with Edius
Pro3.

Thanks for the help.

Jimbo
2 answers Last reply
More about p4p800e deluxe memory speed check

    In article <leadnaiteZnCTvzfRVn-qg@comcast.com>, "Jimbo"
    <jimmy7forever@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > How do I determine what my P4P800E-Deluxe front side bus speed is set to. I
    > have a P4 3.2E GHZ HT cpu & 4 sticks of PC3200(400mhz).
    > The brand is Corsair with 2 sticks @ 2.5 latency and 2 @ 3.0 latency,
    > whatever that means. .
    > I want the fsb to run @ 800mhz and the memory to be @ 400mhz. I will keep
    > the cpu @ 3.2ghz to keep things stable.
    > I'm not sure if it will just default to these top speeds. If not then what
    > do I need to change in bios?
    >
    > I do mostly video editing and want to get real time performance with Edius
    > Pro3.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > Jimbo

    You can look at your system numbers with this:

    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

    In the BIOS, setting "AI Overclock Tuner" to [Manual], will
    show you more of the system's settings. You don't have to use
    them, but at least you will know they are there.

    It is possible if you set "Performance Mode" to [Standard],
    that you will get the best performance possible from your mixed
    set of memory. AFAIK, [Turbo] attempts to set CAS=2, and that
    is too fast for your memory, so forget about using Turbo.

    One pair of matched DIMMs go in A1 & B1. The other pair goes
    into A2 & B2.

    First, test the memory with memtest86+ (from memtest.org) .
    That memory test is good for detecting whether the memory
    is basically functional. Memtest86 tests all of the memory,
    even testing underneath the program, by shifting the program
    out of the way. A couple of passes is enough.

    If you are getting a few errors, bumping up Vdimm in the BIOS,
    from 2.5 to 2.7 or 2.75 volts, could help a bit. When memory
    is running at DDR400, the official spec voltage is 2.6 volts,
    and if you are seeing errors, a little more might help.

    If memtest86 passes with no errors, it is then time to install
    the OS. After the OS is installed, you can get a copy of
    Prime95 (mersenne.org). The Prime95 "Torture Test" option,
    is a way to test the computing integrity of your new board.
    It could take four hours or more for a test, and the calculations
    performed have known answers. There should not be any reports
    of roundoff errors or other errors, for you to be able to
    accept the new motherboard.

    For basic video testing, I like to run a version of 3DMark in
    demo loop mode. That will push lots of data through the video
    card, and if the demo loop is still running the next morning,
    after an overnight run, then chances are there are no problems
    with the AGP slot or the AGP video card.

    HTH,
    Paul

    The FSB of the motherboard CANNOT run at 800 MHz! It is to run at 200 MHz.
    Then the quad-pumped P4 CPU will then run at 4 x 200= 800MHz. And the DDR
    (double data rate) will run at 2 x 200= 400MHz.

    --
    DaveW

    "Jimbo" <jimmy7forever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > How do I determine what my P4P800E-Deluxe front side bus speed is set to.
    > I have a P4 3.2E GHZ HT cpu & 4 sticks of PC3200(400mhz).
    > The brand is Corsair with 2 sticks @ 2.5 latency and 2 @ 3.0 latency,
    > whatever that means. .
    > I want the fsb to run @ 800mhz and the memory to be @ 400mhz. I will keep
    > the cpu @ 3.2ghz to keep things stable.
    > I'm not sure if it will just default to these top speeds. If not then
    > what do I need to change in bios?
    >
    > I do mostly video editing and want to get real time performance with Edius
    > Pro3.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > Jimbo

Asus Memory Motherboards