Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

How to upgrade a existing BIOS ??? do i need to have a
EPROM??? Please advice in details..
My motherboard is an intel 810 chipset type.. It has got
the AWARD BIOS, version is 1.6..Is there any upgrade
available?? how to upgrade???
Regards Rahul..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hello

Well first things forst if your not sure what your doing don't
you can make it worst. Contact the maker of your mother and
talk to their T.Support and they an adivse you what to do. Also
maybe a good idea to backup any important data you have before
going down that road.

Al

RDG wrote:

> How to upgrade a existing BIOS ??? do i need to have a
> EPROM??? Please advice in details..
> My motherboard is an intel 810 chipset type.. It has got
> the AWARD BIOS, version is 1.6..Is there any upgrade
> available?? how to upgrade???
> Regards Rahul..

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Go to your motherboard manufacturers website(not the chipsets website), look
up your board, see if updates are available. If there is a bios upgrade
available they will list instructions on how to do it.

Alvin Brown wrote:
> Hello
>
> Well first things forst if your not sure what your doing

what /you're/ doing - your is a possessive adjective

don't
> you can make it worst.

'Worse' not 'worst'.

Contact the maker of your mother

The maker of his mother?! That would be his grandparents and I fail to see
what they have to do with anything... ;o)

and
> talk to their T.Support

I very much doubt his grandparents have tech support... ;o)

and they an adivse you what to do. Also
> maybe a good idea to backup any important data you have before
> going down that road.
>
> Al
>

> RDG wrote:
>
>> How to upgrade a existing BIOS ??? do i need to have a
>> EPROM??? Please advice in details..
>> My motherboard is an intel 810 chipset type.. It has got
>> the AWARD BIOS, version is 1.6..Is there any upgrade
>> available?? how to upgrade???
>> Regards Rahul..

lose his marbles?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Haha, you forgot, he wrote forst instead of first. I think that only
works if you are typing with a lisp ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Try this site.. http://www.wimsbios.com/

"RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to upgrade a existing BIOS ??? do i need to have a
> EPROM??? Please advice in details..
> My motherboard is an intel 810 chipset type.. It has got
> the AWARD BIOS, version is 1.6..Is there any upgrade
> available?? how to upgrade???
> Regards Rahul..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

So what is a brancell?

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
-----

> Alvin Brown wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Well first things forst if your not sure what your doing
>

> what /you're/ doing - your is a possessive adjective
>
> don't
>> you can make it worst.
>
> 'Worse' not 'worst'.
>
> Contact the maker of your mother
>
> The maker of his mother?! That would be his grandparents and I fail to see
> what they have to do with anything... ;o)
>
> and
>> talk to their T.Support
>
> I very much doubt his grandparents have tech support... ;o)
>

> and they an adivse you what to do. Also
>> maybe a good idea to backup any important data you have before
>> going down that road.
>>
>> Al
>>

>> RDG wrote:
>>
>>> How to upgrade a existing BIOS ??? do i need to have a
>>> EPROM??? Please advice in details..
>>> My motherboard is an intel 810 chipset type.. It has got
>>> the AWARD BIOS, version is 1.6..Is there any upgrade
>>> available?? how to upgrade???
>>> Regards Rahul..
>

> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me. I have a guess :)

I do have a question though, if President Bush uses it in a speech, does
it become a valid word? Hmm... Strategery...

----
Nathan McNulty

P.Cyr wrote:
> So what is a brancell?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to upgrade a existing BIOS ??? do i need to have a
> EPROM??? Please advice in details..
> My motherboard is an intel 810 chipset type.. It has got
> the AWARD BIOS, version is 1.6..Is there any upgrade
> available?? how to upgrade???
> Regards Rahul..

Click on the link below, or copy and paste the link into the address box
if using the web based newsgroup.
Accessing BIOS
http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
--

Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

RDG æ??到:
> How to upgrade a existing BIOS ??? do i need to have a
> EPROM??? Please advice in details..
> My motherboard is an intel 810 chipset type.. It has got
> the AWARD BIOS, version is 1.6..Is there any upgrade
> available?? how to upgrade???
> Regards Rahul..
According to my investigation, you need a bios file.
The bios file can be found on your motherboard website.
There must be a tutorial.
For example:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/bios_m.htm

RDG wrote:

> How to upgrade a existing BIOS ??? do i need to have a
> EPROM??? Please advice in details..

Visit your motherboard maker. Make sure that any bios update has the
features you need or want before you flash.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

lol

--
Paul Cyr

-----

"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me. I have a guess :)
>
> I do have a question though, if President Bush uses it in a speech, does
> it become a valid word? Hmm... Strategery...
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> P.Cyr wrote:
>> So what is a brancell?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

The Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz ring a bell?